Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 13, 2009, 06:01:22 AMim pretty sure penn state john cappaletti was the last white rb drafted in the first round....i wonder who was the last white fullback to be taken round one

I don't think there's been any fullback of any race taken Round 1 in over a decade.

ice grillin you

after some research it looks like william floyd was the last fb taken round one and touchdown tommy vardell the last white fb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

goings has a black dad and white momma.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on November 13, 2009, 08:16:18 AM

so he's the last white dude to grow up without a dad? 

and you're all idiots for talking about white rb/fb and not even mentioning mike alstott....who even though he was listed as a fb, dude did alot more running than he did blocking. 

shorebird

John Riggens is the last pro bowl hall of famer at rb who is white that I remember.

General_Failure

We might as well list Cooley from his Gibbs seasons. I mean, he lined up in the backfield now and then, right?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 13, 2009, 11:41:18 AM
Quote from: phattymatty on November 13, 2009, 08:16:18 AM
and you're all idiots for talking about white rb/fb and not even mentioning mike alstott....who even though he was listed as a fb, dude did alot more running than he did blocking. 

no one mentioned it because theres a long history of white fb's

Diomedes

Kyle Eckel is white, right?  He's in the NFL this week, right?

Good call on Mike Alstott.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

I don't think that he will be a first round pick but Toby Gerhart of Stanford will likely be a high pick and have a very good chance to start somewhere eventually. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eagaholic

Getting back to the original point, i.e. there aren't  starting white tailbacks in the NFL (and if there was they would be qualified to be a captain). Eckel isn't a starter and Alstott wasn't a starting tailback, although in his earlier years he did carry the ball a good bit. In any case, Alstott was a captain. So there.

methdeez

Alstott doesn't really count, at least in the modern sense, as a fullback to me. Even though he was listed as FB he was really just a big back. He never lead-blocked on a full-time basis, only as part of a misdirection.

QB Eagles

Gill Fenerty led the 1991 Saints in rushing attempts... he was listed as a running back and played as a tailback. There might be an actual contributing white RB after that, but I don't know who. Last guy who was really any good was Craig James for the Patriots in the 80s.

I consider Alstott to be a fullback, unless you're defining fullback as someone who only blocks (which is an idiotic definition). Fullbacks can carry the ball without becoming tailbacks, just like running backs can catch the ball without becoming wide receivers. Alstott would line up at different positions including tail but he was mostly lined up as a fullback. Guys like Warrick Dunn, Michael Pittman, and Cadillac Williams were the tailbacks on that team.

shorebird

Like I said before, Riggens was the last real back of any kind who was white and worth anything. He is a hall of famer. The rest are crap.

ice grillin you

if you had spelled riggos name correctly id have to say you sound eerrily close to being a skins fan

shorebird

LOL! I should have just said "Riggo"!!

Really though, I have watched the Eagles long enough to know that Riggo was one of the best rb's ever, and not just because he was white.