Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Zanshin

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere and don't really care enough to check. Info about the Captain Morgan pose:  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkavkPwddNZrtfqdb8bJ0thDubYF?slug=cr-celekpose111209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sgt PSN

i agree with the nfl not wanting players to promote/endorse anything during the course of a game.  because it can be percieved as an endorsement from the nfl itself.  not to mention that the nfl should be able to capitalize on any advertisement/endorsement that takes place during their games.  so i'm fine with that. 

what does annoy me a little though is something like the urlacher incident where he got fined for wearing a vitaminwater hat to media day.  isn't this the same league that allows the super bowl winning qb to say he's going to disney world after the game? 

on the field, during the game.  i get it.  no advertisements or endorsements that aren't league sanctioned.  before the game or after, who gives a shtein?   

rjs246

More to the point, who gives a shtein in any circumstance? Why does anyone care one way or the other. I just want to see large men hurling themselves at each other for a few hours every weekend in a thinly veiled mock-war-masturbatory-analogy. All of this talk of money and sponsors and who gives a rats ass.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

If Celek got paid to do a zesty celebration, that just makes me think more highly of him.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

maybe celek thinks he should be a captain on the team? with full lips like his, why not
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on November 12, 2009, 02:44:36 PM
maybe celek thinks he should be a captain on the team? with full lips like his, why not

because white people can't be football captains.

Eagaholic

they can if they're the starting tailback

Diomedes

Is there a starting white rb anywhere in the league?  Hell, are there any whitey rbs at all in the league who contribute in a significant way. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on November 12, 2009, 05:34:50 PM
Is there a starting white rb anywhere in the league?  Hell, are there any whitey rbs at all in the league who contribute in a significant way.  

Not positive, but I don't think there's been a starting white tailback in a few years. If a white guy can attain such overacheivement, he is the stuff of which captains are made.

QB Eagles

I think Nick Goings was the last white regular starter. I'm not even positive he was white or a regular starter though.

There are some guys kicking around the league. Brian Leonard is a white guy. Justin Fargas approximates a white person.

The BIGSTUD

Goings was black.

Don't think there are any starting white RBs in the NFL. Hester and Brian Leonard could be starting if a couple guys go down on each team though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Munson

I just named one from last year, dolts.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Munson on November 13, 2009, 05:06:01 AM
I just named one from last year, dolts.

when will you realize everyone knows youre a cranial lump and will ignore at all costs

we all realize there are some white fullbacks who might get some run when injuries occur

they were talking about "regular" white "starting" "tailbacks" and how often that occurs

Quote from: King Cole on November 13, 2009, 03:36:14 AM
Goings was black.

Don't think there are any starting white RBs in the NFL. Hester and Brian Leonard could be starting if a couple guys go down on each team though.

goings was white...i could be wrong on this but i believe he was the last white rb to lead his team in rushing

im pretty sure penn state john cappaletti was the last white rb drafted in the first round....i wonder who was the last white fullback to be taken round one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous