Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

I'm on his bandwagon. Kid is consistent and seems to be able to block as well. LJ Smith is neither
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Yep.  Brent Celek is the Eagles' starting TE for 2009 and going forward... and I'm straight with that.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

He's not going to be great but he's good.  He doesn't wilt under pressure, he fights, he's reliable.  I'm happy with him at TE, but not if he's the best TE on the squad.  If they put another guy out there with him who is at least as good, then I'm happy with that position.  But if they trot out Schobel and Celek as their two TEs, then the position is still a weakness.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

Quote from: Diomedes on January 19, 2009, 10:06:15 AM
He's not going to be great but he's good.  He doesn't wilt under pressure, he fights, he's reliable. 

plus he has nice, full lips.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

Brent Celek did more yesterday than LJ Smith has done in his career.

I'm cool with him being the starter. Send Smith on his way and bring in a blocking #2.

Don Ho

Quote from: reese125 on January 19, 2009, 09:58:47 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on January 19, 2009, 03:38:56 AM
Quote from: reese125 on January 06, 2009, 02:00:07 PM
real quick: whats the upside of having Ben Patrick any day of the week over Celek?

2 point conversion on NFCC Sunday.

im having a hard time figuring out if youre serious here Don

not serious.  i was still/am still fuming over the missed XP and failed 2 pointer.

as i stated above Magnum is one of the few things i'm happy about with the birds this morning.  it was so classic seeing LJ singled on to the field by Celek when he got popped once.  basically "LJ you come in when I tell you".  i am confident we are set at TE with this guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

According to Yahoo, he's on pace for 85 receptions, 1,028 yards and 7 TDs.

Probably will end up with more like 900 yards, but not bad at all.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Well maybe if Jackson would stop hogging all the yards Celek would do a little better.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Seabiscuit36

I dont know what this team is going to do without LJ
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

he may have fishlips, but the dude will run with 3 lb's on him.  Speaking of LB's, did Antonio Pierce even play last week?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

Quote from: hunt on January 19, 2009, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 19, 2009, 10:06:15 AM
He's not going to be great but he's good.  He doesn't wilt under pressure, he fights, he's reliable. 

plus he has nice, full lips.

He's related to Jaime Fox. Has to be with those delicious lips. Mmm...
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 05, 2009, 07:24:14 PM
he may have fishlips, but the dude will run with 3 lb's on him.  Speaking of LB's, did Antonio Pierce even play last week?

Antonio Pierce is pretty much a young Trotter, he can't cover.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Celek has really turned into everything I love in a TE. He gets open, has great hands, and he is tough as a mother farger. Hard as hell to bring down. Did LJ ever break a tackle in his entire career here?

Celek sure doesn't look it, but plays like a mad man.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.