2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglez

Looks like the Phils are going to try and stay competitive during Utley's absence by bringing in Iguchi. It was a good move for peanuts. I don't know Iguchi's status contract-wise so I'm not sure if this is his last year or if he's locked up for a few more years after this one. I also wish that Iguchi could play 3rd base because I don't know what he could do when Utley comes back besides be a pinch hitter.

Now, if they can only pull off a similar deal for a starting pitcher.

It's somewhat strange that the Rowand purportedly wants to go back to the White Sox when it seems as though the Sox are trying to liquidate their roster (Dye, Konerko, Garland, and even Vasquez are brought up in trade rumors). If he does go back to Chi-town all his buds that he loves so much might not even be there.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

Geowhizzer

D-Backs jump on the Braves 4-0 6-0, for those that care.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eaglez

So the Phils, most likely barring a monumental breakdown, will gain a game tonight on the Mets and it is looking like they may gain one of the Braves.

Why do they have to make it interesting? I know I'm going to be pulling my hair out in two months but, again, I'll be suckered in to see what happens. Keep holding out hope though that maybe, just maybe, someone will come through in the clutch or get hot at the right time of year and carry it all the way through the playoffs...I hate Philadelphia sports; too much heartbreak to endure.

Don Ho

i'm still fuming about yesterday's debacle.  This was the homestand to make a move and yesterday was the perfect chance.  The way the Mets have been playing since June, they have been ripe for the taking - ok that might be pushing it but they're not running away with it.  I totally agree with you in that I too will get suckered in - again only to end up smashing my head against the door come October 1.  Nah, I'll just go surf.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

Lucky.

Game called. The less games the Phils are forced to close out via bullpen the better.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 27, 2007, 10:23:33 PM
D-Backs jump on the Braves 4-0 6-0, for those that care.

Last I checked it was 7-6 Diamondbacks.  :paranoid

MDS

Tied with Hotlanta, 4 back of Muts, 2.5 of Wild Card.

I'm Bourning you.

Let's be optimistic for a second. Project Ace's return for the Mets series in late August. So until then:
2 games vs. Pit
7 at Mil/Chi
6 vs. Fla/Atl
6 at Expos/Pit
6 vs. SD/LA

If they can come out of this 7 game road trip alive, and King pitches two of them, they can realistically go 3-3 in those groups. That should put them in the running for the stretch run, and with Utley coming back, they can easily lose the wild card by 1 game. Go team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 28, 2007, 09:30:34 AM
Who's he flipping off - Tito or Schilling?

He was telling Billy Beane what he was going to do with him later.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2007, 08:55:58 PM
pierre almost single handedly kept the phillies out of the playoffs in 03...marlins were like 15-1 against the phils that year and he just murdered them

pretty sure he was top 5 in mvp voting too

Well he got 1 5th place vote.

but it's true because you said it.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Wingspan on July 28, 2007, 10:15:10 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 27, 2007, 08:55:58 PM
pierre almost single handedly kept the phillies out of the playoffs in 03...marlins were like 15-1 against the phils that year and he just murdered them

pretty sure he was top 5 in mvp voting too

Well he got 1 5th place vote.

but it's true because you said it.

10th in 2003
16th in 2004
Juan Pierre Stats (lifetime OBP of .347, for all you Beane counters).