2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

so...the Phillies have their biggest series of the season and they choke balls? 

SHOCKING!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Glad I went to the minor league double-header and fireworks and missed most of this fiasco.

The Mets are exposing the Phils for what they really are, all our demented hopes aside.

ice grillin you

did anyone outside of maybe easy and i think hes even coming around have hopes?...i dont think so

im not even mad that theyve been owned...look at what theyve thrown out there...you cant expect durbin and happ to win games against the mets...i am just infuriated at yesterdays goings on btwn the national tv announcers being paid by the mets and the stadium being taken over by POS ny'ers...as far as on the field the only thing that bothered me was as i mentioned cole coming up small...but im not even mad at him its more disappointment

and now kendrick today...im with mds and anyone else who mentioned that they really shtein the bed in not holding back the rotation...if they believed it was a big series and they said it was why did they throw out three minor leaguers...its baffling...the mets cancelled an entire game thursday nite to better set up their rotation but the phils cant hold back adam eaton one day....its the same losing mentalitity that has caused this franchise to win one title in 125 years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Rome

I was just about to post that, IGY:

QuoteThe Mets "came in here the first three games with something to prove," Rollins said. "Now if this were September, it would be devastating, no doubt about that. But it's still June. There's still time for this team to get hot and play good ball and for teams to fall off. We have a couple of issues, but we've worked our way through to this point. We just have to find our way through the woods again."

Sickening. 

ice grillin you

the attitude that no games really count until sept is par for the course with this team...but can someone explain to me what he meant by the mets had something to prove this series...what exactly did they have to prove...they are the defending division champs...came into this year as the favorites and again are in first place in the division...what the farg did they have to prove

SunMo

they had to prove that the sweep at Shea was a fluke, and they did that

ice grillin you

disagree on both accounts

the mets were in first when this series started...if the phils had passed them in the standings then the mets would have had to prove that they are still the team in the division to beat..there isnt a player or fan anywhere that thought the phils were as good as the mets coming into to this weekend

but if there was someone who believed that what would the mets beating three minor league pitchers this weekend prove anyway

its a joke to think the mets had something to prove because that insinuates that phils are on their level...what the mets have to prove is that they can get to the world series this year and not choke in the playoffs again

that comment by jimmy further proves how delusional the phillies are

PoopyfaceMcGee

Who cares what kind of attitude they have when they simply don't have the pitching to remain competitive?

ice grillin you

you must not have watched this team for very long...the attitude problem is bigger than this year or this weekend...its been a prevailing factor over the last four years...especially in their atrocious starts...and then even thruout the summer months where games didnt really matter to them...eh you win some you lose some

NGM

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2007, 09:15:47 AM
did anyone outside of maybe easy and i think hes even coming around have hopes?...i dont think so

im not even mad that theyve been owned...look at what theyve thrown out there...you cant expect durbin and happ to win games against the mets...i am just infuriated at yesterdays goings on btwn the national tv announcers being paid by the mets and the stadium being taken over by POS ny'ers...as far as on the field the only thing that bothered me was as i mentioned cole coming up small...but im not even mad at him its more disappointment

and now kendrick today...im with mds and anyone else who mentioned that they really shtein the bed in not holding back the rotation...if they believed it was a big series and they said it was why did they throw out three minor leaguers...its baffling...the mets cancelled an entire game thursday nite to better set up their rotation but the phils cant hold back adam eaton one day....its the same losing mentalitity that has caused this franchise to win one title in 125 years

Absolute farging trooth.  It's like the team has become the ownership with a complete autopilot approach to everything.  The evidence is Jimmy Rollins quote.  You talked shtein at the beginning of the season and thats what you have to say?  Either say the Mets came in and made you look bad and say its motivation or shut the farg up and don't say anything at all. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

Well, they caught a small break today by getting Pelfrey instead of Oliver Perez (who would have killed the lefties all day).  But no fear....Burrell is starting today 

ice grillin you

But no fear....Burrell is starting today 

could be the day burrell drops below the mendoza

SunMo

it's incredible that he got 2 starts in 4 games this series.  nice work charlie

SunMo

Wheels is once again verbally gobbling Reyes, i seriously hate him