2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 09, 2007, 09:33:12 PM
BillyBeaneBurrell update;

Since April 28th (when he was hitting .304) Patricia is a robust 2-31 to drop him down to .237.

Patty B, ladies and gentleman.
This is nothing unexpected, he is Pat Burrell he does this.  His power is what has been missing .  

He is getting up there and with all the injuries he has had I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the beginning of the end for him.

I think an OPS around .850 is still reasonable.

Still the reasons that most of you didn't like him were retarded.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Billy Beane on May 09, 2007, 09:45:08 PM

Since April 28th (when he was hitting .304) Patricia is a robust 2-31 to drop him down to .237.

This is nothing unexpected, he is Pat Burrell he does this.  His power is what has been missing . 

He is getting up there and with all the injuries he has had I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the beginning of the end for him.

So you readily admit that him hitting .237 is expected of him? And you defended him why?

OPS is misleading because it takes his walks into account. Walks are normally great to look at, but not in this case because he should have more emphasis on the S in the OPS.

Stop using his injuries. He is healthy this year, no?

Sgt PSN

The beginning of the end for Burrell started circa 2002. 

SD_Eagle5

Aaron Rowand says yo

mpmcgraw

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 09, 2007, 09:48:37 PM

This is nothing unexpected, he is Pat Burrell he does this.  His power is what has been missing . 

So you readily admit that him hitting .237 is expected of him? And you defended him why?

OPS is misleading because it takes his walks into account. Walks are normally great to look at, but not in this case because he should have more emphasis on the S in the OPS.

His streakiness is expected.  In a week or two I'd bet that it will be above .260 again.

Umm, no.  OBP is at least slightly more important than SLG every where in the lineup.  

O yea he is, but the guy has a lot of recurring injuries and the cards are stacked against him more so than any other player to rebound from a poor start.  He usually starts off excellent the first 2 or 3 months which makes up for it when he tails off at the end of the year when he starts breaking down.  

mpmcgraw

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 09, 2007, 09:53:39 PM

Aaron Rowand says yo
Tell him I said he has been ridiculously lucky. 

Rome

LOL.  Defending Burrell at this point is friggen ridiculous even for you, quick draw.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Billy Beane on May 09, 2007, 09:54:58 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 09, 2007, 09:48:37 PM

His streakiness is expected.  In a week or two I'd bet that it will be above .260 again.

Umm, no.  OBP is at least slightly more important than SLG every where in the lineup. 

O yea he is, but the guy has a lot of recurring injuries and the cards are stacked against him more so than any other player to rebound from a poor start.  He usually starts off excellent the first 2 or 3 months which makes up for it when he tails off at the end of the year when he starts breaking down. 

SLG = important for a $50M POWER HITTER
OBP = important for the table-setters

Its great when a power hitter draws his walks AS LONG AS he is also doing his job, which is driving in runs when not walking. Peppermint Patty is not doing that.

mpmcgraw

Well we disagree bucko. 

The way I look at baseball the things that are the most important are the most important no matter what role the team has defined for you or what your contract is.

Sgt PSN

So I guess it's cool if a QB never completes a pass just as long as he doesn't throw any interceptions, right? 

mpmcgraw

Except the fact that football is in no way like baseball, yes exactly like that. 

Sgt PSN

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Lieber cut a finger on his pitching hand and will be pushed back two days.

King Cole tomorrow
Freddy Garcia Saturday
Leiber Sunday

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2007, 08:37:43 PM
choke dog with no choke

absolutely screws the gem unit was throwing and at the same time my fantasy team

dog doesnt do shtein all year and then burns me

I don't want to hear it. Matt Belisle pitched 7 innings, struck out 7, had a 0.00 era, and got a loss.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.