2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Ace getting lit up.

Marlins "fans" look like 1930's Germans waving the stupid flags around.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 07, 2007, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 07, 2007, 07:53:26 PM
2.  How can the FREAKING MARLINS NOT BE TELEVISED LOCALLY ON A FREAKING SATURDAY NIGHT?

Not sure but when I was watching the game last night, the Marlins announcers kept making references to some sort of American Idol contest taking place tonight after the game.  So maybe the braintrust at Fox has something to do with that.

Myers is getting shelled in the 3rd.  4-3 fishies.  

Nah, it's part of the ridiculousness that is sports in Florida.  The rights to the Marlins, Devil Rays and Panthers are all held by FoxSports Florida, which at one point (and may still be) was owned by one H. Wayne Huizenga, the former owner of the Marlins and Panthers.  Tonight FSFlorida is showing the Panthers game.

The Marlins may very well be on some local broadcast Miami station, but it's not in Naples (about 2 hours away from where the Marlins play). I'll probably end up watching the Red Sox - Rangers game (I love the young hitters on the Rangers) and check in on the Phillies score.  I don't care for the incessant jumping from game to game on this StrikeZone Channel.  I get about 1-2 minutes of Harry the K and then it jumps to six other games.

And even from those 1-2 minutes, Chris F'n Wheeler needs to SHUT THE HECK UP.

Sgt PSN

I don't think it's being televised at all because the announcers kept saying last night that the game wouldn't be televised (locally it seems) and were saying that there was that concert going on immediately following the game, yada yada yada. 

Sgt PSN

Speaking of the Rangers......Robinson Tejeda (a guy I really liked) pitched a mighty fine game yesterday for Texas. 

ice grillin you

because De Aza (?) didn't physically touch it

thats not why it wasnt an error...it was not an error due to a gift by the hometown scorer....if the ball rolled right between his legs and under his glove and wasnt touched it would have certainly been an error...basically in tonioghts case the scorer was saying it was to difficult a play for the cf to have made and didnt warrant an error...which was bullshtein

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2007, 08:25:17 PM

thats not why it wasnt an error...it was not an error due to a gift by the hometown scorer....if the ball rolled right between his legs and under his glove and wasnt touched it would have certainly been an error...basically in tonioghts case the scorer was saying it was to difficult a play for the cf to have made and didnt warrant an error...which was bullshtein

The home team's supposed to get those type of calls though.  Utley could have been charged with an error but instead a hit was given to the home team. 

Sgt PSN

Rollins is swinging the bat pretty well to start the season. 

MDS

Well yea. And when he hits like shtein in a week, Utley and/or Howard will be hot. So then they'll be raking but no one will be on base. Now they are leaving men on base.

Such is life on the Phillies.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2007, 08:25:17 PM

I've seen a lot of these types of calls in the outfield, and if the outfielder doesn't touch the ball, it's not usually ruled an error.  And yes, especially by the home scorer.

Between the legs is different than the play that occurred.  Not applicable in this case.

Sgt PSN

And Howard hits the first pitch to first base.  

2 on, 1 out, no runs.  

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 07, 2007, 08:36:00 PM
And Howard hits the first pitch to first base.  

2 on, 1 out, no runs.  

Maybe it's not such a bad thing that this game isn't televised.  Saving me the cost of a new television.

MDS

Gold Glove Rowand pretends he's in Little League.

Garbage.

ice grillin you

I've seen a lot of these types of calls in the outfield, and if the outfielder doesn't touch the ball, it's not usually ruled an error.  And yes, especially by the home scorer.

Between the legs is different than the play that occurred.  Not applicable in this case.

i thought you were saying a ball has to be touched to be an error

either way that was an error period...the ball was on the ground well before it got the the cf he had plenty of time to stop the ball and he whiffed on it....it was a classic error
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous