2007 NFL Offseason Stuff Thread

Started by SunMo, January 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

SD_Eagle5

Geowhizzer

BigEd76

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Is this the first and only time in Madden existence that a 50% passer will grace the cover of this game? I say yes.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

Seabiscuit36

The great Michael Vick show was on the cover RJS
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhanInDC

BUCS-LIONS WORKING ON A DEAL

Our friends at WDAE in Tampa have tipped us off to a rumor that we're in the process of confirming that the Lions have traded the No. 2 overall pick in the 2007 draft to the Buccaneers for the No. 4 overall pick and defensive end Simeon Rice.

A league source tells us that, while there is not a done deal, the talks are occurring regarding a flip-flop of No. 2 and No. 4.  It's not presently clear whether Rice is part of the deal.

The Bucs presumably want to get in position to take receiver Calvin Johnson with the No. 2 selection, if the Raiders don't take Johnson with the No. 1. 

The real intrigue on this one arises if the Raiders take Johnson.  Would the Bucs then pick quarterback JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn?  Or would they take left tackle Joe Thomas?

Recently, the Bucs conducted on-campus workouts with Johnson, Russell, and Quinn.  They didn't include Thomas in the tour, and we've seen some evidence in the Tampa press of possible efforts by the team to bad-mouth Thomas, possibly in the hopes that he'll be available at No. 4.

It could be that the Lions are willing to make the deal to go down to No. 4 because they think they could still get Thomas at that spot.  But if Johnson is the No. 1 pick, Thomas might be long gone by the time the Lions use the pick currently held by Tampa.

We're keeping a close eye on this one.  Check back for more details
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MDS

Great deal for Detroit if true. Their defense is simply awful.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i wouldn't put it past matt millen to do an even swap, #2 for #4.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on April 18, 2007, 03:08:47 PM
i wouldn't put it past matt millen to do an even swap, #2 for #4.

Kind of like the Vikings decided to pick 9th instead of 7th in 2003?