Foreskins Nov. 12th Tailgate

Started by mussa, November 01, 2006, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 13, 2006, 12:47:05 PM
I make it a habit to take 95 south, then go on the blue route all the way up to 76. Everything else being equal, it's a little farther, but when the Sure-kill is clogged, there's no beating 476.

yeah, that's the way i come down (476, blue route, 95 north)

but whenever i leave, the lines going to 95 are so long, that i think it's faster just to go to the 76 on-ramp
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Susquehanna Birder

There are tricks to get on there. Basically you have to be pushy, and realize that the other people actually care about their vehicles.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 13, 2006, 12:54:41 PM
There are tricks to get on there. Basically you have to be pushy, and realize that the other people actually care about their vehicles.

Sunny's truck is fairly new also, though.

SunMo

ha, that's one of my favorite things to do
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 13, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

Mine's an '04, so it's not like I don't care about mine...but it's a matter of instilling fear in others that counts.   :evil

But seriously...the trick for me: Go out past porta-potty row, and onto Broad Street, and don't worry about immediately getting over to the left (for the U-turn to go toward 95). What most people don't realize is that 3 lanes can turn left at that U-turn light, and most people try and jam into the left-most 2 lanes. Just buzz past them, make the U-ey, and then cut 'em all off once you're going back the other direction.

I frequently make it from my parking space to I-95 in 10 minutes.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 13, 2006, 12:48:45 PM
Quote from: mussa on November 13, 2006, 11:57:26 AM...and just got soaked even with rain gear. Pretty much alittle into the 4th we left, beat traffic. Game was over by then anyway. What a game though!

Same here. I had a rubberized windbreaker on that I *thought* would be good. But I was soaked and damned cold, so we took off maybe halfway through the 4th. That's the first time I ever left a game early.

My pleather jacket worked wonderfully. 

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 13, 2006, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 13, 2006, 12:02:06 PM
Which bridge?

theres a bridge on 95 between the delaware house and the toll booth that they are repairing...because of that 95 goes down to two lanes in both directions creating traffic hell

That'll make our journey north for Thankgiving farging super.  No good way to get around that between Raleigh, NC and Bucks County, PA.  farg farg farg.  farg.

farg.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the Wilson Bridge Project on I-95, dude.

That was a frigging nightmare on my last drive up.

:-[

mussa

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 13, 2006, 01:18:54 PM
Quote from: mussa on November 13, 2006, 11:57:26 AM...and just got soaked even with rain gear. Pretty much alittle into the 4th we left, beat traffic. Game was over by then anyway. What a game though!

Same here. I had a rubberized windbreaker on that I *thought* would be good. But I was soaked and damned cold, so we took off maybe halfway through the 4th. That's the first time I ever left a game early.

:-D That was some nice pleather
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 13, 2006, 01:22:45 PM
Do yourself a favor and avoid the Wilson Bridge Project on I-95, dude.

That was a frigging nightmare on my last drive up.

:-[

I always go around the west side of 495 for that reason.  Last time, we got effed because there was an overturned semi on the on-ramp to I-95 north... ended up on the Balt-Wash to the Harbor Tunnel.

Still, the west side is way better right now.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on November 13, 2006, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 13, 2006, 01:18:54 PM

:-D That was some nice pleather

I'm totally getting some matching pleather pants for next year. 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 13, 2006, 01:02:53 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on November 13, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

Mine's an '04, so it's not like I don't care about mine...but it's a matter of instilling fear in others that counts.   :evil

But seriously...the trick for me: Go out past porta-potty row, and onto Broad Street, and don't worry about immediately getting over to the left (for the U-turn to go toward 95). What most people don't realize is that 3 lanes can turn left at that U-turn light, and most people try and jam into the left-most 2 lanes. Just buzz past them, make the U-ey, and then cut 'em all off once you're going back the other direction.

I frequently make it from my parking space to I-95 in 10 minutes.

I did just that yesterday, I was trying to get on I-95 North so it was a little easier. But just getting from our spot to Broad st. was a good 20-30 minutes. People weren't being pushy enough coming out of the Wac.

ice grillin you

Thanks for the long island IGY, little did I know that the coke and whatever non/alchohalic mixers were not already mixed into the cooler

no prob....blame murp for that...i was gonna tell you to put coke in it but he stopped me and then we both sat and watched while you poured it then drank it then got your mr yuck face on

oh and sus while the splash of coke doesnt weaken the drink it def changes the whole taste of it

Last time, we got effed because there was an overturned semi on the on-ramp to I-95 north... ended up on the Balt-Wash to the Harbor Tunnel.

you should always take the bw pkwy from the beltway and on to the harbor tunnel...much better than 95

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I've now met way more internet people in person than I am comfortable with. I blame IGY. Damn you all.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 14, 2006, 08:42:17 AMoh and sus while the splash of coke doesnt weaken the drink it def changes the whole taste of it

Depends on how much you use.   :paranoid

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: rjs246 on November 14, 2006, 08:44:37 AM
I've now met way more internet people in person than I am confortable with. I blame IGY. Damn you all.

Next time remember to bring protection.