Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

i love the comments left afterwards especially the ones comparing philly cops to nazi brown shirts in 1930's germany.

come on.  philly cops aren't nearly as organized as the nazi's were plus their uniforms aren't nearly as snazzy.

ATV

Damn,...those are some racist bastiches.

I think it's fairly safe to say that none of those cops are Eagles fans, though.

Diomedes

Quote from: ATV on May 07, 2008, 04:47:49 PM
Damn,...those are some racist bastiches.

I think it's fairly safe to say that none of those cops are Eagles fans, though.

ha...well played
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 07, 2008, 11:34:22 PM
they got him
i actually had leno on in the background, and they cut in to say he was caught.  Tim Lake SUCKS at live news, dude looked so confused. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

A group led by Citigroup and Spanish toll road operator Abertis Infraestructuras SA won the right Monday to lease the Pennsylvania Turnpike, with a bid of about $12.8 billion.

Gov. Ed Rendell has been advocating leasing the turnpike as a means of funding mass transit and much-needed bridge and road repairs in the state.

Rendell has touted the lease as an alternative to Act 44, legislation he signed 10 months ago that includes converting Interstate 80 into a toll road. The federal government has not approved the introduction of that toll, which has garnered strong opposition.

Rendell said if the lease is approved, it would give the commonwealth 13 percent more funding than Act 44 and cost Pennsylvanians 30 percent less, because it would not include the I-80 tolling.

The governor first proposed leasing the turnpike about a year ago as an alternative to tolling I-80. A study done by Morgan Stanley estimated that a 75-year lease agreement could bring between $12 billion and $18 billion to Pennsylvania.

Rendell said "market conditions" and the toll setup -- which caps increases at 3 percent annually -- kept the bids at the low end.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

so what does that mean, the state gets the 12.8 billion, but they don't get the money from the tolls anymore?  who is still responsible for maintaining the turnpike?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

phattymatty

that article says nothing about the PA Turnpike.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on May 19, 2008, 05:29:54 PM
that article says nothing about the PA Turnpike.

Well, update it!

Diomedes

from CNN.com front page re: Philly police beatdown mentioned above..

QuoteFour Philadelphia police officers will be dismissed, three will be disciplined and a supervising police sergeant will be demoted...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

Of course, if I beat down someone like that, I'd go to jail and be ass-raped for 20-30 years.  Instead of, you know, taking a pay cut.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Ah, no.  You'd get a lawyer to remind the court that you are white and have no record.

Probation before judgement and you walk.