then drive to delaware where theres no sales tax...HUGE statement
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 10:32:38 PM
Yes, it's the principal of another tax not the money

Watch the video

http://6abc.com/food/pepsi-pulls-6-packs-2-liter-bottles-from-philly-stores/1811670/

My take away from that video is that 2 fat ladies won't be drinking Pepsi anymore.  If they abstain from soda completely, their scales will thank them in about 6 weeks. 

ice grillin you

lol

i honestly dont think ive seen anyone drink a pepsi since the 80's

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 10:35:33 PM
then drive to delaware where theres no sales tax...HUGE statement

Exactly.  It's like a 15-20 minute drive to Delaware and they've had no sales tax at all forever, but you don't see thousands upon thousands of people driving to Wilmington to buy furniture, tvs, computers, etc.  They're shopping local and paying sales tax.  And once these few morons who are leaving the city to buy their soda get sick of leaving the city to buy soda, they'll be back at their local grocer happily paying a few extra pennies for the convenience. 

MDS

that woman just "ri-dick-alas" instead of "ridiculous"
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

How much of an increase is it again?

If a can of coke cost a buck before how much does it cost now?

Sgt PSN

MDS

sd's friend is actually living at home with his parents now and his store was shuttered

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2017, 10:50:56 PM

If a can of coke cost a buck before how much does it cost now?

It's being implemented on a per ounce basis which is about the only thing I disagree with. So a 16 ounce bottle of soda is getting taxed at whatever the rate is for 16 ounces. Leads to some high ass taxes.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Which I'm cool with.

Just like tobacco is taxed high too.

Diomedes

If your business is based on selling grape soda and kools, don't look for me at the pity party when trade slows.  Sure, it's legal, but it's nasty and there are ways to make a living that don't depend on helping ignorant people harm themselves and those around them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

The business doesn't depend on sodas, but when people are purposely going outside the city to purchase those products out of principal it directly hurts your business since they're purchasing other products (deli meats/sandwiches etc.)

It's easy to sit here and say who cares when your livelihood doesn't depend on sales. Trump's president because people are tired of paying ridiculous taxes implemented by Democratic run cities. My county (Bucks) is made up of people who moved outside the city because they were tired of paying the city wage tax for zesty schools, higher insurance rates and trashy streets. I don't blame them, that's the same reason I moved.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 22, 2017, 07:50:52 AM
Trump's president because people are tired of paying ridiculous taxes implemented by Democratic run cities.

lol

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 21, 2017, 10:50:56 PM

a 16 oz soda costs about 25 cents more

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 22, 2017, 08:19:11 AM
Quote from: SD on March 22, 2017, 07:50:52 AM
Trump's president because people are tired of paying ridiculous taxes implemented by Democratic run cities.

lol

They hold the house/sentate/ 2/3's Governor/POTUS and are about to hold the majority in SCOTUS. Keep laughing.