The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

nevada republicans went out of their way to nominate an overt racist as their speaker

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/on-paper/content?oid=15531962
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

whats amazing is that that appeared in a major newspaper....not some wacko internet site
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Not shocking...but rumors starting to filter out that the grand jury is not coming in with an indictment on Darren Wilson.

And he just got married last month....getting married so his fiancee doesn't have to testify?

Eagles_Legendz

I don't think there's enough to indict him. 

It's unfortunate because it's a righteous issue that deserves attention but I don't think these set of facts really are the ideal ones to make the necessary case.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on November 24, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
I don't think there's enough to indict him. 

It's unfortunate because it's a righteous issue that deserves attention but I don't think these set of facts really are the ideal ones to make the necessary case.

Isn't just the fact that he was shot 6 times so far away from the car (over a hundred feet, according to more recent stories) be enough to have a trial and at least try him on something?

Seems like those two facts alone would at least make an indictment easy, even if there wouldn't be enough evidence to convict on murder.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Just saw it'll be announced at 9pm ET

Ferguson gonna erupt.

I obviously take Legendz' word on all legal stuff but I hoped that the cops unloading on people would stop and they'd start to hold them accountable for unnecessary uses of force

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

I'm hardly a legal expert so don't do that, just giving my opinion from my understanding of the autopsy. 

My take is the searing of the finger gives credibility to the officers story that Brown was reaching for the gun.  I would have to look at a complete police report and both autopsys but when you have an autopsy that comes back like that, especially given the deference often paid to police in those situations, I'm doubting the grand jury indicts.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the searing is troublesome. But to sear it has to be hot and if his gun hadn't shot a round(s) then it wouldn't be hot. So he prematurely draws his weapon and fired and then Brown reaches for it?

Munson

Or the gun goes off in the struggle, which is what I think probably happened. And had he been shot and killed right there, I'd actually be on Wilson's side in this.

But the fact that Brown then ran away and was shot 6 times, many many feet away from the car, is too much for me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds