The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Poor kid's just counting the minutes until his mom comes to pick him up.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

better than the previous one?

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

186 years ago today nat turner went HAM

Sgt PSN

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/presidents-ranked-from-worst-to-best-presidential-historians-survey-2017/

I'm posting this here because I find it, um...interesting I guess, that the first/worst half of this list mentions poor grades on promoting equality/abolishing slavery as the most contributing factors in their low rankings. 

Then you get Polk at 14 because he "acquired" over 800,000 sqmi of land to the west and expanded the country's reach to the Pacific Ocean.  That's a really farging white way to say that he genocided his way across the land. 

And Lincoln being #1 is suspect too.  He authorized the largest single mass execution of Native Americans in this country's history....over 300 Natives at once.  And while he did free the slaves, he was still very much pro-segregation.  He basically felt that blacks should be free and equal, but they should be free and equal in their own space...away from whites. 

ice grillin you

reagan in the top 10 is a disgrace

Rome

Butbutbut he beat teh comunismzzz!

MDS

i dont underSTAND why fdr was only 3rd
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Eagles_Legendz

Washington will always be the best to me because he had the opportunity to become a king if he wanted and passed.  His presidency shaped the next 250 years for the country.

Re: Lincoln being pro-segregation etc: everyone is going to be a product of their time to an extent.  You go far enough back and you can make an argument that no one was a great person/leader/visionary because their culture permitted atrocities which they traded in.  It's anyone's prerogative to feel that way but I think that's too narrow on my end.

Munson

1. Teddy
2. Washington
3. FDR
4. Lincoln

IMHO
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds