Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Hitting up The Peach this year (with an RV). Gonna commune with a whole buncha wooks.

Looks like a pretty solid lineup.

phattymatty

a guy i do work with is apparently g-love's cousin so he had him come into town yesterday to play a private party for a bunch of us on a rooftop overlooking the mall, dude killed it. had a drink with him beforehand and asked him to play the sixers song and he eventually did and that turned into a bunch of shtein talking dc sports. was a fun time.

he also showed up with like a pound of weed and one of our marketing girls had to carry it to his green room. she was so nervous.

smeags

only you man, only you.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Saw Heart/Joan Jett/Cheap Trick last Sunday at the BB&T....wasn't bad

Last night I saw the 90s concert at BB&T...Young MC, Tone Loc, Coolio, Kid n Play, Color me bad, All for one, Salt n Pepa, Vanilla Ice. By far the whitest concert I've ever been to...Salt n Pepa were great, didn't stick around for Ice

phattymatty

ha that sounds like amazing people watching.

ice grillin you

my mic sounds nice is HOF

herbie luvbug was so underrated
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

saw run dmc on sat night at musikfest in bethlehem...show was only about an hour...and that included some filler...but they were great.   8)
took me back to my youf.  bucket list item checked off.  :yay
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

My buddy opened a new bar here in town a couple of weeks ago.  His concept is for an 80's/90's alternative bar with emphasis on bands like New Order, Depeche Mode and R.E.M. but also occasionally harder stuff like Nine Inch Nails. 

Anyway, it's been a rousing success so far.  I went there on Friday night which was technically his hard opening and he had a double bill of tribute Nirvana & Stone Temple Pilots bands.  The STP act was pretty good.  A little silly but pretty representative of them.  The guitarist was terrific but the lead guy was a bit of a tool.  Kinda like STP, actually. 

The Nirvana band was amazing, though.  As you might imagine they all looked the part but the singer was a dead on ringer for Cobain.  I took a video of them doing Come As You Are and it's uncanny how much they looked and sounded like the real deal.  The only minor annoyance was "Cobain" played guitar right-handed.  LOL  Seriously, though... I haven't had that much fun at a show in a long time. 

In case any of you mongrels come into town, it's called ROK Bar and my buddy's name is Chris.

smeags

they have had a nice "tribute band" concert series going on in pennypack park for a few years. its cool I guess, if you like seeing how the kids from the 80's didn't age well.

smeags

pre-sale for 5/12 metallica concert today - in

may be going to maiden and U2 in june as well. whats left of my hearing will most likely be gone.

ice grillin you

much worse things than losing your hearing should happen to you if you listen to that music

smeags

settle down vanilla ice.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on February 16, 2017, 08:30:19 AM
settle down vanilla ice.

white trash calling someone vanilla ice is beyond precious

Rome

Iron Maiden is the only one of those three I'd pay money to see at this point.  I'm not spending five hundred bucks to see Bono's strutting creaky ass up there from half a mile away.  I saw them at the Tower 35 years ago and half a dozen times since.  I'm good. 

As for Metallica...  LOL

ice grillin you

i was at a MA bar last night and a guy was playing molly hatchet on the juke