Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

and the sleeves cut off of the jean jacket - and unwashed

smeags

Quote from: SD on July 07, 2015, 01:05:42 AM
If you've never seen the Foo Fighters live your life is incomplete in my book. Grohl was in a farging cast and lit the SBC on fire. I'm trying to get tickets to the show on the 13th. Aside from TOOL probably the best show I've ever seen.

i really wanted to see the foo fighters this time around but couldnt make it. any chance they could come back during this tour after tonight ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phattymatty

i just spent 5 days in upstate new york camping, partying and not showering with hippies at the grassroots festival. it was a pretty solid week.

Rome

Other than the camping part, how was that any different from every other week in mattyworld?

Diomedes

Hippies don't smoke crack?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

1000 Italians singing Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters to get them to play in Italy

http://elitedaily.com/music/1000-musicians-played-foo-fighters-song-video/1155539/

Pretty amazing

Zanshin

SD

Saw Social D at festival pier last night. They were great as always

Zanshin

This is more of a random musing than a rock show thing, but I thought of it here, so farg it.

So, you guys know my kid plays guitar and stuff. Here's the thing that I just find baffling (and I would if it was any kid). He was hired by a local town to play a different restaurant every Friday. And now every Saturday he gets paid to play at a Kilwins. So, he plays between 2-3 hours on those nights. Makes a couple of bucks to show up, and then makes tips.

I figured he'd make some pocket money. The little farger is cleaning up. Over the past two weekends alone, "working" roughly 8 hours, he made over $1000 cash. More than $5000 cash just this summer so far. Just completely ridiculous, batshtein crazy to me. My wife brings so many singles to the bank I'm sure they think she's some sort of magical stripper. It's insane to me.

I keep telling the kid that it'll be a rude awakening when he has to get a real job. You know, when people don't throw money at you and tell you you're wonderful for doing something you'd do for free.

But, hey, good work if you can get it I guess. I think I'm jealous.

smeags

Good for him. I know a few guys that are in bands and it's a great side job even if it doesn't turn into a full career.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

That's pretty outstanding. I'm sure the novelty of someone his age playing feeds into the amount of money he's raking in, but money is money and he's getting a nice head start.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Don't let him spend it all on hookers and blow.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

Quote from: rjs246 on August 20, 2015, 11:45:36 AM
That's pretty outstanding. I'm sure the novelty of someone his age playing feeds into the amount of money he's raking in, but money is money and he's getting a nice head start.

Oh, absolutely. For his age, he's pretty good. And when he plays harmonica while he plays people can't throw money out fast enough. But I told him, listen...don't get used to this. You'll have get better twice as fast as you get inevitably less cute, so don't get a big head. He's down to earth about it, though. His friends come out and he has a great time. He really doesn't even spend anything.

Zanshin

Quote from: General_Failure on August 20, 2015, 12:17:10 PM
Don't let him spend it all on hookers and blow.

Okay for me though, right?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Zanshin on August 20, 2015, 10:55:52 AM
This is more of a random musing than a rock show thing, but I thought of it here, so farg it.

So, you guys know my kid plays guitar and stuff. Here's the thing that I just find baffling (and I would if it was any kid). He was hired by a local town to play a different restaurant every Friday. And now every Saturday he gets paid to play at a Kilwins. So, he plays between 2-3 hours on those nights. Makes a couple of bucks to show up, and then makes tips.

I figured he'd make some pocket money. The little farger is cleaning up. Over the past two weekends alone, "working" roughly 8 hours, he made over $1000 cash. More than $5000 cash just this summer so far. Just completely ridiculous, batshtein crazy to me. My wife brings so many singles to the bank I'm sure they think she's some sort of magical stripper. It's insane to me.

I keep telling the kid that it'll be a rude awakening when he has to get a real job. You know, when people don't throw money at you and tell you you're wonderful for doing something you'd do for free.

But, hey, good work if you can get it I guess. I think I'm jealous.

That's fantastic! Just think about it - he will probably keep cleaning up for a couple years so he can buy a car when its time for that thus saving you money. Hell he may get so good at the guitar and music that he won't have to get a real gig.

I have a friend who was in jazz band with me who took the music route in college and then just finished up his masters in music theory. He's never had a "real job" and has always played gigs. He just moved to NYC to play sax in some shows off broadway and with some bands.

lol at your wife taking the ones to the bank. Anytime anyone has a stack of singles people assume it is for/from a strip joint. So I am sure the tellers probably whisper about it when she leaves.

I watch the videos you post on FB of his gigs and he's got some real skills. Good for him!