2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Utley was 3-4 with 3R's. Nice.

And he made two amazing defensive plays. One of which won't be repeated because Jimmy couldn't handle the throw. But it was sweet. He all out dives to his right and throws the ball to 2nd with his glove. Awesome.

But Jimmy missed it. He also missed a throw by Howard on an attempt to get the lead runner on a bunt.

And Howard made a dumb play in the field again that could've hurt them. Runner on 1st and 3rd. He gets a ball hit right at him on a line...he catches it after it hops and is only a few steps from the base. eli Marrero didn't run from 1st because I guess he thought it was a line drive and caught. Instead of Howard tagging 1st and then tagging Marrero or throwing to 2nd to force a tag play or a rundown he throws to 2nd to start a 3-6-3 DP attempt. The runner beats it out at 1st and they score. He has to be better in the field.

MDS

How about that bottom of the order? Woooooooooooooo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

yes that play by Howard was brutal and he needs to think quicker out there. Comes with the growing pains

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuotePhillies third baseman David Bell struck out swinging in the fourth inning, his first in 53 at-bats this season

Holy crap.  At least he makes a lot of contact, I guess.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 25, 2006, 08:48:19 AM
QuotePhillies third baseman David Bell struck out swinging in the fourth inning, his first in 53 at-bats this season

Yep.  Usually a pop up or weak ground ball.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 25, 2006, 08:48:19 AM

I'd rather he strike out, because he's the king of the double play grounder.

PhillyPhreak54

I hope Hamels gets ready fast.

Floyd was off again with his location early on and gave up 4 runs. He was very good in the 2nd and 3rd though. He gave up a leadoff HR in the 2nd but has thrown well since.

And the Phils are doing what they love to do against young and inexperienced pitchers - making them look like studs.

Former Phils farmhand Miguel Ascencio is mowing them down.

4-1 top 4th

Rome

Floyd is tipping off his pitches with runners on 2nd.  They can see the grip he places on the ball as plain as day.

Meh.  5-1 Rockies and Gomer Pyle is giving Floyd the hook.  The good news is Geoff Geary's coming in!

Woot!

PhillyPhreak54

And Floyd implodes again. So much for looking good.

2 more runs.

He's done after 3 and a third.

5 runs given up already and two more in scoring position with 1 out. :-\

South Philly Sal had Jamey Carroll dead out at 2B on a pitchout/steal and Everybody Loves Sal throws wide right by about 10 feet and he's safe. Carroll should've been out. But no. Now he scores a run.

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus Christ of latter day saints. >:( >:(

Routine grounder to SS and Jimmy throws it into the goddamn stands.

A run was going to score but since the throw left the field of play the other runs scores.

7-1 Rockies.

Rome

Wingspan

gavin floyd is farging terrible...he needs to be brought out to pasture now...
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

what the hell is geary batting for

is charlie for real???

i am absolutely dumbfounded...unreal!!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Super Sal hits his 2nd RBI double of the night. He's on fire!

The Aaron Rowand - David Bell - Sal Fasano trio has gotten the Phils their runs tonight.

Rowand HBP, Bell single and Fasano double = 1st run

Rowand reached on error, Bell single and Fasano double = 2nd run

And now Geoff Geary has to bat because the Phils have NO ONE in the bullpen to use. Rhodes is unavailable. Julio "gas can" Santana is not even at the park.

AND GEARY HITS ONE TO RF! :-D

An RBI DOUBLE for Ed Wade's son!

LBIggle

nah, they should whip him till to a bloody pulp with their towels in the shower while screaming "bitch boy!" and video tape it on the internet so he has some sort of idea how embarrassing it is to be a phillies fan. 

i'm sure it'll help his confidence as well.