I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Good for you. That shtein would stick with me. farging horseshtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on June 01, 2012, 04:30:41 PM
I seriously can't get over how farged up that is. Jesus.

You haven't seen as bad at work?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Frankly, no. A pension is something that is basically extinct right now in private industry so the problems I see are different. If I had put in 85% of the requirements for a full pension and was told that the other party wasn't holding up their end of the deal I'd farging lose it. I mean, the whole reason you stick with the army is to get a pension. Not because you love the farging army. (Sure there are people who love it and would stick with it, but I'm talking about normal human beings here.)

The corporate world is cutthroat and values loyalty about as much as it values union memberships. That lack of loyalty shouldn't be expected in the armed forces.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

We vest in our meager pensions after 7 years but the cockface governor we have moved that to 10 for new hires.   That's being challenged in court but considering the nazi judges we've had appointed for the last 20 years I doubt the newbies will see any relief.

Honestly, though, if I was Sarge I'd farging go ballistic on someone especially if I didn't have anything to lose otherwise.

Diomedes

It shouldn't be expected anywhere is my hippy point.  Yet, it's the rule everywhere.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

What does Sassy have to lose that we don't know about?

Rome

SD

Sassy could always contact his congressman, that shtein not only works but it will also piss the Marines off. Double win.

Rome

I think he's already writen him, SD.

MDS

update:

if this job works out i was told i will probably be covering a ton of girls high school basketball.

YOU DECIDE: 25% raise, bigger audience, bigger city, a college beat OR no hs girls hoops OR death
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I haven't yet but am strongly considering doing so.  Obviously I want my pension but at the same time, I've pretty much hated coming to work every day for the last 3 or 4 years so I'm not entirely butt hurt about getting out.  The only thing I'm really pissed about is the manner in which this is all going down.  It's a long story that I doubt I'll ever fill everyone in on.  Lucky you. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 01, 2012, 07:04:51 PM
update:

if this job works out i was told i will probably be covering a ton of girls high school basketball.

YOU DECIDE: 25% raise, bigger audience, bigger city, a college beat OR no hs girls hoops OR death

Take the money and bigger audience.

May was a record month for a sales team at my company. $868,000 sold by me and my sales partner. We normally do about $700k.

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 01, 2012, 07:05:32 PM
I haven't yet but am strongly considering doing so.  Obviously I want my pension but at the same time, I've pretty much hated coming to work every day for the last 3 or 4 years so I'm not entirely butt hurt about getting out.  The only thing I'm really pissed about is the manner in which this is all going down.  It's a long story that I doubt I'll ever fill everyone in on.  Lucky you.

I'm pretty sure you already filled us all in on it. Something about telling you "hey you're back in! get your fat ass in shape!" and then a couple months later they stuffed a big black dildo up your ass and said get out. I remember thinking the same thing Rusty said about how farged up that was.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on June 01, 2012, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 01, 2012, 07:05:32 PM

I'm pretty sure you already filled us all in on it. Something about telling you "hey you're back in! get your fat ass in shape!" and then a couple months later they stuffed a big black dildo up your ass and said get out. I remember thinking the same thing Rusty said about how farged up that was.

Didn't see this until now, but yes Munson, that's pretty much the gist of it.  Good times. 

So I'm in Helena, MT right now.  Took the MT police exam today.  Scored 100% on the written test which should give you an idea of how easy it was.  Sadly, I was the only person to score perfectly in all categories which also gives you an idea of how dumb some of the people were who took the test today.  There was about 55 people and I think 5 or 6 failures.  Simple math, spelling and reading comprehension.  This was seriously like 5th grade level shtein.  And apparently perfect scores don't happen too often.  So I had representatives coming up to me from every police department in the state asking me if I was interested in applying with them.  So that was cool. 

The physical agility test was a little harder than I thought it would be, but I think that's mostly attributed to the change in altitude.  I'm a good 2500 feet higher up here than I am in Cali.  Still, it wasn't incredibly difficult and I finished with one of the faster times in the group so as long as I don't make an ass out of myself during interviews, I think I'll be one of the first applicants to get hired. 

Going to visit my kids this week and then next week starting on the 9th are interviews.  Luckily I've done a couple of interviews in Cali with jobs I wasn't even interested in just to get some interviewing experience under my belt and hopefully got rid of all the jitters too.  I haven't been on a job interview since 1998.     

General_Failure

Idiot. By passing the written test you've proven you're not cop material.

The man. The myth. The legend.