I hate my job!

Started by TexasEagle, March 12, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 01, 2012, 10:16:16 AM
But yeah...summer temps up there are very appealing. But it's a short season. I was looking at their real time temp the other night and it was still dropping into the 30s at night.

bozeman averages

july/aug - 83 & 50

jan/feb - 38 &15
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Here's what you can find in my backyard:

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I know the averages. Looked the town up on city data. But I did a double take when I saw the temp in the 30s over Memorial Day weekend.

We're going to be up there for about 2.5 weeks so we should get a good look enough look at it to know if it's a place we'd want to live or not.

Sgt PSN

Apparently Geo is shacked up with Steve Irwin's widow.

Seabiscuit36

LOL geo.  My buddy lives in Port St Lucie and he's dealing with Rattlesnakes, coral snakes, gators, and Recluses.  He's about ready to head back north.

I think the most dangerous thing I have here is deer ticks right now.  Maybe mosquitos, but luckily the county just sent our a sprayer Wednesday night.    Considering our location i love the spraying.

MA!

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

I don't see them (alligators and bears) nearly as often as you'd think.  There was some drunk idiot swimming in one of the canals about 3 miles away from my house that no longer has a left arm. And I saw my first bear out here driving to work a few weeks ago about a mile from my house, right next to the road.  Just about hit the damn thing - that would have killed my Kia.

My house isn't next to a canal, so my chances of actually seeing an alligator in my yard is pretty slim.  Lots of dear, though. The woods isn't nearly as pretty down here as it was in Chesco, though.

The Widows and Recluses are all over the damn place.  One of my major projects is cleaning up the garage and getting rid of all the toddler bikes and toys.  You'd better believe I'll be wearing gloves.  I've seen mostly black snakes in my yard (somehow one got into a box on a shelf in my garage), but there have been a few pygmies and corals as well.

Near my school in Ft. Myers, the major issue they're having is coyotes.  People can't leave their dogs out unattended at all.

And, if the life and economic situation would let me, I'd be on the first plane out of this state and heading back north myself.

Geowhizzer

For those that care, this a good picture of the area where I live.  We're less than five minutes away.

Picayune Strand State Forest

Rome

Florida sucks![/Dio]

SD

The new performance standards at my job take effect today, there's not one person out of the 70 in my office who are even close to making it. I've been rated in the top 5 since I've been here and I'm still way off. The whole thing is a ridiculous joke. Can't wait to get another job.

Diomedes

My sister lived in Bozeman for a few years.  I've never been there myself.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD on June 01, 2012, 02:43:37 PM
The new performance standards at my job take effect today, there's not one person out of the 70 in my office who are even close to making it. I've been rated in the top 5 since I've been here and I'm still way off. The whole thing is a ridiculous joke. Can't wait to get another job.
Welcome to the corporate world of Create Incentive...People strive to reach that incentive, then the carrot gets moved further away. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

You mean like busting your ass for 17 years hoping for a pension at 20 and then getting kicked to the curb? 

rjs246

I seriously can't get over how farged up that is. Jesus.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Sgt PSN

Eh, I'm already over it.  At least for now.  In a few years when I'm not getting a pension I'll probably be pissed again but for now, I'm shifting gears and moving on.