Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Bennigan's is the only chain of those five I've ever been in.  And I don't miss it one bit.

Steak & Ale, on the other hand... bitter tears.

Seabiscuit36

Bennigans had good potato skins.  That's it.  Thats the list
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

outback steakhouse, i've grown very fond of that place
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: Rome on December 12, 2012, 08:08:28 PM
Bennigan's is the only chain of those five I've ever been in.  And I don't miss it one bit.

Steak & Ale was always very good when we went there. I was younger though so I might just not remember. Didn't even realize they went out of business
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I get Outback about once a month - takeaway only.  And honestly, I get the kid's meals for me and the family because it's more than enough food.  Grilled chicken, loaded baked potato, drink & bread for three runs us like 18 bucks.  You literally can't beat that take-out wise.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 12, 2012, 08:08:28 PM

steak and ales salad bar was ridiculous...those metal plates that were so cold your skin stuck to them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 12, 2012, 08:18:13 PM
I get Outback about once a month - takeaway only.  And honestly, I get the kid's meals for me and the family because it's more than enough food.  Grilled chicken, loaded baked potato, drink & bread for three runs us like 18 bucks.  You literally can't beat that take-out wise.

absolute abomination of a restaurant.....just awful frozen seafood and they should be sued for false advertising calling it a steakhouse

Rome

what part of grilled chicken and baked potato did you misunderstand?

six bucks, dude.  you can't get mickey d's for that.

ice grillin you

im rich so i dont eat out cheap....but if i was poor id be eating at home before i went to outback because they have a frozen chicken breast and a tastless basked potato kid meal....now if you took your kid there for the kids meal i could understand....but you are getting kids meals at outback for the whole fam??....get a farging hold of yourself

Sgt PSN

I know Rome isn't really all that old, but damn if he doesn't post shtein on here from time to time that makes it impossible to believe he's anything less than 60. 

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

igy is so easy to get riled up it's not even fun anymore.  i was going to post something about applebee's but that would just be piling on.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.