Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

you don't put mayo on a hoagie much less miracle whip
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Miracle Whip shouldn't go on anything. I go with honey mustard whenever available, but since the nearest WaWa is 120 miles away in Orlando I guess I'm not getting honey mustard on a hoagie any time soon.

ice grillin you

mayo can go on roast beef and I guess turkey altho thats even borderline.....all other sandwiches get oil....honey mustard is a salad dressing and should not be in the same area code as any sandwich

btw imo theres only one hoagie....and that's an italian...anything else should be called a sandwich imo

General_Failure

If honey mustard is salad dressing, what the farg is oil?

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

I've eaten mayo on a turkey hoagie and it wasn't bad

I always out mayo on turkey sandwiches tho. Mayo and spicy mustard

Dillen

I was in San Diego for work the past few days. Went to this little house-lookin restaurant on the dock at Seaport Village and had the best fish tacos in the world. San Diego is the shtein.

MDS

shut up

la pergola got a shoutout in the jenkintown story. DUDE IVE BEEN THERE 100000 times. they go to a kosher kitchen during passover (no bread).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Had a killer steak fajita burrito from this shop down the street today.

I think I'm gonna keep going there bc I wanna bang the owners daughter

hbionic

Send pics. Of the steak fajita burrito of course.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2014, 10:44:20 PM
its way easier to find a good cheesesteak outside of philly than a good hoagie

This I agree with although good is a relative term.  There's a little deli here that makes an acceptable version.   The rolls come from Philly half-baked and the meat is actually shaved rib-eye, but it's still not the same.   

The idiots here have no idea how to prepare them.  The onions aren't grilled right, they put the cheese on the roll, etc. 

As for hoagies, have a Jersey Mike's here and the locals love the place.  I just chuckle at them because it's funny when people simply don't have a clue what a great hoagie tastes like.

Geowhizzer

Sadly, Jersey Mike's is about the best option I have down here.  Except maybe Publix.

I always gain about 10 pounds when I go home, because I'm eating a hoagie for nearly every meal.

The funniest is all the people down here who wax poetic about how good a sandwich Jimmy John's is.  Tastes like wax to me.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 20, 2014, 08:59:09 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2014, 10:44:20 PM
its way easier to find a good cheesesteak outside of philly than a good hoagie

This I agree with although good is a relative term.  There's a little deli here that makes an acceptable version.   The rolls come from Philly half-baked and the meat is actually shaved rib-eye, but it's still not the same.   

The idiots here have no idea how to prepare them.  The onions aren't grilled right, they put the cheese on the roll, etc. 

As for hoagies, have a Jersey Mike's here and the locals love the place.  I just chuckle at them because it's funny when people simply don't have a clue what a great hoagie tastes like.

yeah its def relative...they are never the same as in philly....basically what it comes down to is that steaks are like pizza....even the worst ones are edible....whereas i would never even consider ordering an italian hoagie outside of philly and that includes nyc

theres a jersey mikes like ten minutes fro me but ive never been....is it like a subway or jimmy johns or do they a hot sandwich menu...i can look outside my office window at a jimmy johns that opened about a year and a half ago but ive not been ive heard terrible things about them tho

Rome

The only reason to go to Jimmy John's is it's open till midnight here.  If your choices are JJ's, Wendy's or Taco Bell, it's almost a toss up as to which is the least disgusting.   Even then there's only so much a drunken bender can explain or forgive.