2006 Free Agent Tracker - Defense

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 14, 2006, 10:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 05, 2006, 07:16:49 PM
Schefter reporting that the Giants will probably sign Sam Madison. he said it would surprise no one if he ends up there. He has been talking to the Giants and a deal has not yet been done but coudl be soon.

How could a deal be even close to done?  I thought talks weren't allowed to really start until 12:01 AM.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 05, 2006, 07:21:08 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 05, 2006, 07:16:49 PM
Schefter reporting that the Giants will probably sign Sam Madison. he said it would surprise no one if he ends up there. He has been talking to the Giants and a deal has not yet been done but coudl be soon.

How could a deal be even close to done?  I thought talks weren't allowed to really start until 12:01 AM.

He's not a FA. He was cut from his team. They are eligible to be signed. Just like the Bears did with Moose last year and the Ravens did with Derrick Mason.

Only players who are scheduled to be UFA's apply to that rule since their contracts do not expire until the beginning of the league year. Guys who are cut are fair game.

Bigskinbauer

GO TERPS

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

From a poster on the EMB:

QuoteI was at MGM Studios in orlando yesterday and ESPN the weekend was there.. They had a bunch of football guys there doing interviews and taking questions from the crowd.. Among them was.... Hines Ward, Jeramiah Trotter, Tony Gonzales etc..etc..

So I make my way thru the crowd and find the guy with the Mic that was letting people ask the players questions... I got his attention and he came over to me.. He asked my name and where i was from and what my question was... here is the transcript of what was said next....

me: hi my question is to jeramiah
me: with the current situation with the cba and the situation of the taterskins how would you feel if Lavar Arrington became a FA, its obvious the eagles need help on the outside and you have played with him before...

trotter: " with a ish eatin grin on his face" funny you should ask that...

trotter: its interesting the things that are going on right now, i would love to have Lavar here, he is an amazing talent that would be welcomed with open arms

trotter: playing with him in wash. was great, people dont realize how gifted he really is..

I want Arrington.

General_Failure

Replacing a LB that gets run over or blocked out of plays consistently with a LB that can make a play the four times he hasn't run himself out of position. Interesting idea, and technically an upgrade.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

The notion of pissing the taterskins fans off seeing him in an Eagles jersey and killing their team helps me like the idea of him coming here. Not to mention he'd be a beast in JJ's scheme.

JJ would be like Gene Hackman in The Replacements telling that dumb LB to "go get me the ball, Danny. Go get the ball" instead of teaching him x's and o's.

phattymatty

I don't care how dumb he is, I'd take Lavar faster than Art lasts with his Joe Gibbs blow up doll.

PhillyPhreak54

Buccaneers | Hovan agrees to five-year deal
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:24:35 -0800

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and DT Chris Hovan have agreed in principle on a five-year contract worth $17.5 million

Beermonkey

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 06, 2006, 02:57:47 PM
The notion of pissing the taterskins fans off seeing him in an Eagles jersey and killing their team helps me like the idea of him coming here. Not to mention he'd be a beast in JJ's scheme.

JJ would be like Gene Hackman in The Replacements telling that dumb LB to "go get me the ball, Danny. Go get the ball" instead of teaching him x's and o's.

I'm listening to him on Sports Talk 980 right now, he mentioned wanting to stay in the NFC East but can't imagine wearing a Dallas jersey.

Bigskinbauer

Lavar just said on the radio that he wants to go to an NFC east team so he can come back to the city he loves once a year(BULL shtein)

"I would have a hard time wearing a dallas jersey so that leaves two teams"...
GO TERPS

rjs246

Arrington in Philly? Would I finally be able to root for a Penn Stater at the pro level? For all of the terribly hurtful things I've said about him over the past few years, he would be a huge upgrade athletically and it would be fun to watch him try to destroy Brunell/Campbell's life twice a year.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Bigskinbauer on March 06, 2006, 04:56:28 PM
Lavar just said on the radio that he wants to go to an NFC east team so he can come back to the city he loves once a year(BULL shtein)

"I would have a hard time wearing a dallas jersey so that leaves two teams"...

Quote from: Beermonkey on March 06, 2006, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 06, 2006, 02:57:47 PM

I'm listening to him on Sports Talk 980 right now, he mentioned wanting to stay in the NFC East but can't imagine wearing a Dallas jersey.

Beer Monkey - W1nar! Bauer= Retard Skins Fan.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Bigskinbauer

i must say perceptions change quickly.  ;D
GO TERPS