I'm in the market to buy a television & need assistance.

Started by Mad-Lad, November 29, 2005, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Sgt PSN

So I finally decided to upgrade my bedroom tv to something a little more modern.  Pulled out my old 27" tube tv and picked up a 32" Dynex for like $300.  Nothing special, but I don't need anything elaborate since it's a bedroom tv.  However, while we were shopping we saw a Samsung 3D Blue Ray player in the open item section for $179 and it has built in wi-fi so I figured I'd grab it as well, but it didn't have a remote control.  That was a good thing though because they gave it to me for $129....at least I thought it was a good deal. 

So I get home and hook all this shtein up and the farging Blue Ray player doesn't work.  It powers on, but that's it.  I had it plugged into HDMI 1 port and had the tv on the proper setting but when I power up the Blue Ray, there's nothing.  Tried the other HDMI port and nothing there either.  On top of that, the disc tray doesn't even eject.   I've bought several open items from electronics stores before and had little/no problems with them.  This farging this just flat out doesn't work.  I'm not even sure how the hell they could put it on the shelf in that condition. 

Diomedes

PT Barnum knows how the hell they could put it on the shelf in that condition.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it's a circus.  BTW, the moral of the story that I somehow forgot to actually post is that if you are considering purchasing an open electronics item, have them plug it in first and test it out.  Or don't be a cheap ass like me and just buy something new out of the box for full retail.   

Diomedes

Not the PT Barnum reference I was making, but whatever.  I blame myself.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

The reference seemed to be a little simple for you.  Then I remembered you were talking to me.  So yeah, I don't get it now. 

Susquehanna Birder

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I picked up on that as soon as I saw Sus' post.  Totally missed it the first time though. 

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 21, 2011, 07:11:42 PM
Yeah, it's a circus.  BTW, the moral of the story that I somehow forgot to actually post is that if you are considering purchasing an open electronics item, have them plug it in first and test it out.  Or don't be a cheap ass like me and just buy something new out of the box for full retail.   

cmon buying a Dynex tv for christs sake!

Diomedes

back it up further: 

don't put a television in your bedroom

bedrooms are for farging sleeping reading and dressing....that's it.

white trash weirdo

reese125

my man buys a state of the art 3-D blue ray player and plugs into a dynex.

its like putting $5000 spinner rims on a prius.

Sgt PSN

I bought an open item for $129 that doesn't work so it doesn't really matter what I have it plugged into, does it?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on March 21, 2011, 09:53:22 PM
back it up further: 

don't put a television in your bedroom

bedrooms are for farging sleeping reading and dressing....that's it.

white trash weirdo

So having a TV in the bedroom = white trash?