I'm in the market to buy a television & need assistance.

Started by Mad-Lad, November 29, 2005, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

wow thats something. you bring out the tv on a friday night from behind a curtain like your monte hall.

one of my biggest hang ups is walking into my house and having silence. I got to push the power on the tv to hear and see something going on. It comforts me. walking in and just hearing kids high pitched voices doesnt cut it. I need to mesh that shtein in with espn or something.

SunMo

i just had a party on saturday and the tv was on in the living room for people to check out the flyers or the tournament, but most of the time was spent in the kitchen listening to music playing drinking games.  in short, congrats on your life being so awesome, Dio
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I took the defective blue ray player back to Best Buy and the sales manager gave me a pretty nice deal on a replacement.  Sold me the newer version of the same player for $99 and hooked it up in store and did a complete function check.  Also threw in a 2yr replacement plan for free.  So I ended up getting a player with more features and 2 yrs protection for $30 less than the one I picked up on Sunday. 

And yes, reese, it's hooked up to my Dynex. 

reese125

I hope your replacement plan was free for your Dynex too.

rjs246

I think we've officially run out of things to talk about.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

We could talk about Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber.

Munson

Is a Plasma screen 720p 43 inch screen a better option then a 42 inch LCD 1080p? The plasma is 600mhz apparently, while the LCD will only be 60 Mhz.

I barely know what any of those numbers mean, BTW
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

The plasma TV is twice the price as the LCD TV....but they'er both Black Friday deals so relatively cheap for the technology...
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

The 60 LCD is pretty much the bottom of the barrel right now.  Not that it's not a good television, but you can do much better.

Munson

Figured as much, but for 42 inches and 199 dollars, it's a hard deal to pass up. That's of course if I can get in line soon enough thanskgiving evening. The guys at the store seemed to think I'd have a decent shot of being towards the front, but we'll see.

This is apparently the most ridiculous black friday deals they've ever seen.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Phreak had a thread about GPS's a while back, can't find it so I'll just throw this in here. Gonna get my mom a GPS for xmas, any recommendations and what am I looking at as far as price goes?

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't been paying attention to the latest improvements on them as far as what new features are available. However Garmin is the leader of the pack by far so start scoping them out.

Also - look for one that announces the street names specifically rather than a generic "turn left in point two miles". Makes a huge difference especially when driving in a city.

ice grillin you

theres actually gps's that dont give the street name?

wow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous