Season over.

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 15, 2005, 12:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Quote from: Larry on November 15, 2005, 12:22:23 PM
Quote from: henchmanUK on November 15, 2005, 11:46:20 AM
Quote from: Larry on November 15, 2005, 10:48:07 AM
Passing is a bad call if you're playing not to lose.

But Reid has demonstrated throughout his tenure that he's an aggressive playcaller.

This is a call Jimmy Johnson -- the perpetually tan one -- would make.  He puts the ball into his players' hands and expects them to deliver.

Unfortunately, ours didn't.

Our running game was working, why didn't Andy put the ball in their hands. They might have delivered.

Doesn't matter.

The Cowboys are selling out to stop the run.  It is difficult to run against that

The taterskins did the exact same thing yesterday...they were running at will vs. the Bucs, then Gibbs ran 3 straight plays when they were up by a TD...they didn't get the first...Chris Simms then leads a game-winning TD...Gibbs is subsequently questioned for his "conservative" playcalling.

Correct. In case you didn't notice, Andy Reid called for a pass, which was intercepted and ran back for a game-winning touchdown. I guess BOTH Reid and Gibbs are dumb arses? Oh no wait, only Gibbs is because he was being too conservative, whereas Andy had "balls".  ::) I'm going round in circles now. I'm done with this.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PoopyfaceMcGee

I've noticed on more than one occasion that Andrews fails to get out in front and hit someone when he's blocking for the screen.  Westbrook usually just has to run right by him.

Alvin2

Quote from: henchmanUK on November 15, 2005, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: Larry on November 15, 2005, 12:22:23 PM
Quote from: henchmanUK on November 15, 2005, 11:46:20 AM
Quote from: Larry on November 15, 2005, 10:48:07 AM
Passing is a bad call if you're playing not to lose.

But Reid has demonstrated throughout his tenure that he's an aggressive playcaller.

This is a call Jimmy Johnson -- the perpetually tan one -- would make.  He puts the ball into his players' hands and expects them to deliver.

Unfortunately, ours didn't.

Our running game was working, why didn't Andy put the ball in their hands. They might have delivered.

Doesn't matter.

The Cowboys are selling out to stop the run.  It is difficult to run against that

The taterskins did the exact same thing yesterday...they were running at will vs. the Bucs, then Gibbs ran 3 straight plays when they were up by a TD...they didn't get the first...Chris Simms then leads a game-winning TD...Gibbs is subsequently questioned for his "conservative" playcalling.

Correct. In case you didn't notice, Andy Reid called for a pass, which was intercepted and ran back for a game-winning touchdown. I guess BOTH Reid and Gibbs are dumb arses? Oh no wait, only Gibbs is because he was being too conservative, whereas Andy had "balls".  ::) I'm going round in circles now. I'm done with this.

The difference being, of course, that Gibbs has Three Super Bowl trophies to Andy Reids uh, eh, ummmm, how many?  Oh, that's right, ZERO!

WEST is GOD

Quote from: henchmanUK on November 15, 2005, 08:30:57 AM
Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 15, 2005, 03:02:21 AM
I'm not going to be rooting for this team the rest of the year ... GO GIANTS.

Why don't you go the whole hog and say "How 'Bout Them Cowboys" you TO-loving bandwagoner?

I want what's best for this team. The best thing right now for the team is a better draft pick, and for McNabb to have surgery now so he can be 100% ready to go next year. Do I want the team to win a Superbowl still? Of course, but it's not going to happen. This team doubtfully will make the playoffs, and if it does it has no chance of going to the Superbowl, which is the ultimate goal.

Losing out and just putting an end to this season is just the best thing right now. Have a ball going all out for the team. A playoff berth is meaningless to me now. Been there, done that. I want a Superbowl.

If you will be satisfied with finishing 7-9 and ending on a high note or finishing 9-7 and losing in the first round of the playoffs then fine. Don't complain though when we are unable to draft the best pass rusher in the draft and we continue to have no pass rush next year.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MURP

Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 15, 2005, 03:33:08 PM

Why don't you go the whole hog and say "How 'Bout Them Cowboys" you TO-loving bandwagoner?

I want what's best for this team.

Which would be a bandwagon douche like yourself to go root for the Giants.    :yay

JTrotter Fan

Why haven't these two idiots been banned or something?
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Reidme

Quote from: The Waco Kid on November 15, 2005, 04:24:31 PM
Why haven't these two idiots been banned or something?

I might agree with you on WEST, but MURP is dead on. Besides, it is always better to allow someone to play themselves outwith their own words, its more fun too.
The NFL old standard.

JTrotter Fan

Nah, i meant hydro and alvin.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: MURP on November 15, 2005, 04:20:18 PM
Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 15, 2005, 03:33:08 PM

I want what's best for this team.

Which would be a bandwagon douche like yourself to go route for the Giants.    :yay

The Giants beating us on sunday is the best thing for this team. It may take a while for you to see things my way, but if we miss the playoffs 4-12 is no worse than 7-9. If you're out, you're out.

Reidme

Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 15, 2005, 04:33:57 PMThe Giants beating us on sunday is the best thing for this team. It may take a while for you to see things my way, but if we miss the playoffs 4-12 is no worse than 7-9. If you're out, you're out.

You're wrong. I myself have a few tickets left for this year, and I wanna see a good game and a good effort ... by the whole team. I didn't see that last night, I saw some guys laying it all out and a few going braindead. That is not satisfying. This is my team, and I wanna see them win. Hypothetically, if they tanked or fell apart, and grab a top 5 pick, and draft a Ryan Leaf, how does that help me as a paying fan? Worse yet, they draft the next Joe Montana, and I get run over buy a bus in the offseason.

This is about today. Its about entertainment and distraction in an all too short lifetime. It is about loyalty. It is about effort. It is about winning. It is about unity and community. If you don't get it, you just don't get it. But if you really want them to lose so bad that you would root against them, just to put a high round draft pick in the hands of the current owner/caretaker, go right ahead. I prefer to try and get something worth watching now out of a team that I make such an emotional investment in. You may have a deal that promises you tomorrow, in that case I see your point. I don't have that deal, so I'll take a nice wildcard run and hope for a miracle. That would make me happier than watching players like Dawk and Trotter waste their few remainig years of play tring to move up in the draft. I'm silly like that.
The NFL old standard.

rjs246

I will never be able to bring myself to root against the Eagles winning. Having said that, come April, 4-12 would be a whole lot more helpful than 8-8.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 15, 2005, 04:33:57 PM

4-12 is no worse than 7-9. If you're out, you're out.

which means you dont care if the Eagles get swept by the Skins and Giants this year.  unreal. 

Wingspan

i was at the last game of the 1999 season vs the rams. i willingly walked up and bought tickets to that game. i wanted to see them win.

i would never root for them to lose. rooting  for a higher draft position is for farging losers.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

WEST is GOD

I want to see them win too. I want a parade down broad street. It isn't happening this year though, so in the grand scheme if things the rest of this season is meaningless. If there was no championship, then the games would all be played for nothing. This season the games are being played for nothing. I'm looking at the bigger picture. I want this team to be the best it can possibly be next year to make a Superbowl run. Unfortunately, sacrificing this year will help that cause. Sorta like the Spurs getting Tim Duncan. They tanked the season, got Duncan and since then had 3 parades.

If sacrificing a lost season for the greater good will put us in a similiar position to the Spurs, you'd do it in a heartbeat. It's just nothing in life is certain, but I want my team to be in the absolute best shape it can be for next season. Maybe if we finish with a terrible record we got a shot at a good pass rusher like Mario Williams in the draft.

Sure you can say you want to be entertained by going to the games this year, but once the season ends, and this team is out of the playoffs and once again without a championship, what will it matter? You've probably been to plenty of games there, but the one thing we all are missing is a parade. That is what I want.

JTrotter Fan

If they could salvage the remainder and finish 9-7, i would be happy.