SIXERS 2005-2006 SEASON THREAD

Started by PhillyGirl, October 07, 2005, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad-Lad

whatever.  the sixers are going undefeated this year.

MDS

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 17, 2005, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2005, 10:15:38 AM
who do you suppose he gets more involved in the game? ever notice how many times his teammates stand around and do nothing on offense, or how many times they give him the ball back with 3 seconds on the shot clock? its called not having any talent around you. the only way the sixers can score points is with iverson doing what he does, otherwise we'd see a bunch of middle of the pack skill players like korver, igoudala (at least last year offensivley) and dalembert shoot more. yea, thatll help.

the reason they don't move around is because they know that he is going to dribble the ball for almost the entire shot clock and either heave up a shot or pass the ball to someone with almost no time on the shot clock.

how many times do they need to change the players around him before you realize that it's not them

he has crap around him. what is he supposed to do: shoot or pass to eric snow so he can clank a jump shot?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2005, 12:01:48 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 17, 2005, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2005, 10:15:38 AM
who do you suppose he gets more involved in the game? ever notice how many times his teammates stand around and do nothing on offense, or how many times they give him the ball back with 3 seconds on the shot clock? its called not having any talent around you. the only way the sixers can score points is with iverson doing what he does, otherwise we'd see a bunch of middle of the pack skill players like korver, igoudala (at least last year offensivley) and dalembert shoot more. yea, thatll help.

the reason they don't move around is because they know that he is going to dribble the ball for almost the entire shot clock and either heave up a shot or pass the ball to someone with almost no time on the shot clock.

how many times do they need to change the players around him before you realize that it's not them

he has crap around him. what is he supposed to do: shoot or pass to eric snow so he can clank a jump shot?

yeah...he's better off forcing his own shot and shooting 40%. 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SunMo

Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Toni Kukoc, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber....

yeah, what a buch of dogs there, all of them improved their numbers when they left the Sixers (except Webber obviously, who was averaging over 20ppg before he got to the Sixers and then averaged 15ppg)
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hunt

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 17, 2005, 12:09:38 PM

Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Toni Kukoc, Keith Van Horn, Chris Webber....

yeah, what a buch of dogs there, all of them improved their numbers when they left the Sixers (except Webber obviously, who was averaging over 20ppg before he got to the Sixers and then averaged 15ppg)

don't forget matt harpring. 8)

SunMo

yeah, but i partially agree with MDS that Larry Brown messed that one up

MDS

crackhouse and van suck ahahha yes they are awsome.

kukoc? you jest

webber and ai will work this year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2005, 12:20:38 PM
crackhouse and van suck ahahha yes they are awsome.

kukoc? you jest

webber and ai will work this year.

every year, the thing everyone always said they needed was a "2nd scorer" and that's exactly what Van Horn, Kukoc, Hughes, etc were, they weren superstars, they weren't complete players, but they could shoot and they could score, and at the end of every year, they never had the numbers we thought they would have.  why?  because they weren't getting the ball like they should.

MDS

those guys are not 2nd options. they suck.

SunMo

Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2005, 12:26:08 PM
those guys are not 2nd options. they suck.

ok, you rule.  you know the most basketball ever.

MDS

the first part is true, the second isn't. i bow down to the master fred carter.

but really, van horn was awful. kukoc was only good because of jordan. stackhouse is a bum. hughes and iverson were the same player, and he only did well playing behind two good players in arenas and jamison.

hunt

it doesn't really matter....the sixers could bring in tim duncan & iverson wouldn't pass him the ball.

SunMo

QuoteSixers release forward Lamizana

Inquirer staff report

Philadelphia 76ers President Billy King announced today that the team has waived forward Herve Lamizana, according to a news release.

The Sixers roster now stands at 17 players.

Lamizana only appeared in one game this preseason, grabbing three rebounds in 13 minutes versus the San Antonio Spurs on Oct. 12, the Sixers said.

The 6 foot, 10-inch forward from Rutgers University was signed by the 76ers as a free agent on Oct. 3, 2005, before training camp.

this sucks, he was supposed to be a key contributor on my fantasy team.

PoopyfaceMcGee

We'll miss his mad skills, no doubt.

hunt

3 boards in 13 minutes...project that out to 48 minutes and he'd get 11.1 rebounds per game!

this guys is friggin awesome & i can't belive king let him go.  :boo :boo :boo