SIXERS 2005-2006 SEASON THREAD

Started by PhillyGirl, October 07, 2005, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 15, 2005, 09:30:24 PM
You consider that a personal insult?

What would it be if I called you ugly then?

a flat out lie....i'm gorgeous.  :P
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MDS

hes the first scoring option on the team. he should look to shoot. or should lee nailon and kevin ollie get shots? yea. let ai do what ai do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

WEST is GOD

Are you saying they shouldn't draw up plays specifically for Kevin Ollie?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MDS

counting that he has no offesnive skills whatsoever....yes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

the open man should get the shot. :paranoid

i fully expect ai to lead the team in shots & points...as well he should.  i'm just hoping he takes BETTER shots (resulting in a better shooting %), gives the ball up when nothing's there (not as a last resort when he gets caught in the air with 4 seconds left on the shot clock), works the ball around on offense, and drastically improves his assist/turnover ratio.
it's wishful thinking on my part, i know. 

WEST is GOD

We gotta see how Cheeks system turns out, and what roles he has of his players. I know they are going to have a lot of designed AI and C Webb plays.

hunt

i hope so.
i think ai is supposed to play some SG too...possibly with salmons at the point.  it's kinda scary but they're really counting on salmons off the bench this year.

hunt

i'm not too thrilled with that marc jackson trade either....they basically gave him away for nothing but a salary dump but they might regret it.
webber/dalembert/hunter/nailon/jackson would have been a pretty good big man rotation...as it stands now, micheal bradley is supposed to be the 3rd big man off the bench but he's out 4-6 weeks.
let's hope the bigs stay healthy this year.

WEST is GOD

I still say the Sixers needed one more move to bolster the 2 or 3 spot to play against the Heat, Pistons, and Pacers. They didn't do it so I think the Sixers win the division, but probably get killed in the 2nd round unless they get value for Mashburn at the deadline.

The Marc Jackson move is still up in the air to me. I was never a huge Hunter fan. He is terrible at the line, and has limited offensive skills, but he can block shots. Something of which we had zero of when Dalembert was in foul trouble. Also Jackson was non-existent in the playoffs. Still, he was our best and only real scoring threat off the bench, but Nailon will replace him in that department this season.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mhunt on October 15, 2005, 10:02:44 PM
i'm not too thrilled with that marc jackson trade either....they basically gave him away for nothing but a salary dump but they might regret it.

Same here, he was decent and I liked having him as insurance in case one of the front court guys got injured.

SunMo

hey, i like AI too, but there's something to be said when a long line of scorers have come and gone, each of their numbers decreasing while they were here and increasing when they leave.

AI's great, but if you don't see that he is a ball hog and a shoot first guy, then you are blind to his faults.  they will never win a title with him because he shoots too much, plays lousy defense, and has too many turnovers.

but hey, it's exciting watching him score 30 points on 29 shots everynight  ::)
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

2nd options: Stackhouse, Mutumbo, Harpring, Van Horn, Big Dog, Webber.

Stack and AI were two young bucks with big heads who wanted the ball all the time. Sixers made the right call.
Mutumbo was okay for one season, but blew his load (teehee) in the 01 finals run
Harpring was effective, but Brown never really liked him. Yea, thats Iversons fault.
Van Horn? Haha. He had 2 pts in the playoff series against Detroit. He was a loser, and still is.
Big Dog? Next.
Webber. Everyone hated Obie. We shall see now how Webber does. He didnt look great last year, but that was Iversons fault because he caused Webber to miss all those open jump shots.

Do we need to go into the other non existent offensive players that have been in here?

Rome

The Sixers will never win a damn thing with a 6' gunner as the focal point of the team.

I've been saying that shtein for years and have been insulted, belittled and berated for saying it by Iverson fluffers and apologists.

If Iverson ever decides to get his teammates involved in the game, they'll be a better unit.  He's never shown the least bit of interest in doing so, so why would any of you assume that they're going to be a better team now?  What, all of a sudden because Mo Cheeks is the coach, you think Iverson will have an epiphany and realize that defense, practice, and team play is what makes a team championship contenders?

How sad for all of you.   :-D

MDS

Lets give Dalembert more jumpers to clank off the rim, and Kevin Ollie more threes! Woohoo!

MURP