Phillies season 10

Started by MURP, September 24, 2005, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 29, 2005, 04:15:04 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2005, 04:03:51 PM
Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on September 29, 2005, 03:54:28 PM
whats wrong with howard at catcher.. big target.. doesn't have to move much..  can get rid of loserthal.. and concentrate on getting an adequate 3b  cf  and #1 pitcher.

does some need to answer that?

no, treat that question the same way you treat a rape victim when they walk into the room.  you look away and think about something else.

Ugh.  That was a despicable comment.

Funny, but still, despicable.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 29, 2005, 07:42:09 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 29, 2005, 04:15:04 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2005, 04:03:51 PM
Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on September 29, 2005, 03:54:28 PM
whats wrong with howard at catcher.. big target.. doesn't have to move much..  can get rid of loserthal.. and concentrate on getting an adequate 3b  cf  and #1 pitcher.

does some need to answer that?

no, treat that question the same way you treat a rape victim when they walk into the room.  you look away and think about something else.

Ugh.  That was a despicable comment.

Funny, but still, despicable.

Hey, he could have said, "Treat that question the same way you treat a rape victim when they walk into the room. Throw her clothes at her and tell her she's dead if she calls the cops." Now that would have been despicable.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Matt Murton. Outta Here! 1-1!!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

MDS

Eagles_Legendz

If they hold on tonight, they only need to lose 2 out of 3 to the Cubs, which I don' t think is out of the question at all. 

Watch the Cubs do it for us, but the Phillies lose against Washington.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Cubs win 3-2. Astros thrown out at home plate to end the game.

MDS

FAITH BABY! NEVER DOUBT TEAMS WITH DAVID BELL

phillymic2000

PhillyPhreak54

It was funny watching Jason Lane pump his fist after he got that basehit tonight thinking he won the game, only to see Gipson thrown out at the plate. :-D

And We Pray. :evil :evil :evil

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 29, 2005, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 29, 2005, 09:41:15 AMhe'd be our CF of the future

:sly He's a year younger than Abreu

Yes, I realize he's no spring chicken. So I should've said "he'd be our CF for the forseeable future".

I luv me sum Torii Hunter though. Probably my favortite non-Phil in MLB. There are rumors that the Twins will trade him because his salary next year is too much for the frugal Twinkies.

I'd LOVE to see him in Philly.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2005, 11:37:01 AM
You guys can't be serious trying to trade Abreu. All he does is have a .400+ obp, 100 rbi's, 100 runs, 100 walks, a near .300 avg, 20 homers, constantley leads the league in pitchers seen and pitchers per at bat. He is the best player on this team, I think him playing at 50% this past two weeks has warped your mind into thinking hes not that good. He is.

Burrell I wouldn't mind, but right now he's your only right handed power in the lineup. You need someone to break the lefties up somehow. What can you get for him and that contract? I dont know....

You know I am a Bobby A fan. I defended him a lot this year and it still bothers me to hear him get blasted like he does. He ain't perfect but he does not deserve the wrath that he gets from WIP and some Phils fans.

However, I would entertain the idea of trading him or Pat Burrell, whichever can get you more via trade. We need a top-of-the-rotation starter. And I think one of these guys is the best trading chip.

C - Sign a defensive minded C...I don't care if he has a light bat (Marz said this yesterday) and release Mike Lieberthal or he'd be on expensive ass backup.

1B - Thome ( you know no one wants him and if they do, the Phils will have to eat alot of his salary. And if Belland/or LIeby are jettisoned, they cannot eat 3 players salary)

2B - Utley

3B - Hello, free agent or trade. Goodbye MDS' role model and hero.

SS - James Calvin Rollins

LF - Ryan Howard

CF - Torii Hunter

RF - Bobby Abreu

Granted that is a LH heavy lineup, but what else are you going to do? Unless they trade Bobby and Pat, this is how it would have to be. Because I would give Victorino a shot in RF and bat him 1st or 2nd.

SP1 - Acquire via trade
SP2 - Jon Lieber
SP3 - Brett Myers
SP4 - Randy Wolf (when he comes back)
SP5 - Corey Lidle

Not re-signing Billy Wagner is going to be a BAD, BAD, BAD move. We're going to be stuck with some lameass...watch. Mark my words.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 29, 2005, 01:42:03 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on September 29, 2005, 01:39:06 PM
He'd be no different than Floyd or Ramirez...

I wonder if they'd give it another shot after seeing more of him this year.  He's more nimble and has more speed than they originally thought.  2 triples in one week?  :o

Marzano was WIP today and he said that's what he's hearing from them down there, that they might give him another shot in LF

Yep, an I am all for that.

He also said that the people he spoke to said only these players are untouchable...

Rollins
Utley
Howard
Myers

Everyone else will be shopped.

Then that genius Mike Missinell says he wants "The Nicaraguan Nightmare" Vicente Padilla as the closer. I like Padilla, but I would shop him via trade for a 3B or C.