FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Nitty with 27 saves  :yay

They were lucky to win today, the Bruins outplayed us and completely dominated the 3rd.

ice grillin you

nitty cent keepin things real

flyers one pt back of ottawa for the nhl lead...pretty damn impressive with all the injuries theyve had
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nitty's really coming into his own, but he's not good enough to win a Cup yet IMO.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2006, 03:38:34 PM

flyers one pt back of ottawa for the nhl lead...pretty damn impressive with all the injuries theyve had
11 of 12 possible points on this road trip so far, that's impressive

does anybody remember Keith Primeau anymore
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 02, 2006, 04:36:09 PM

More to the point, does Keith Primeau remember Keith Primeau at this point?

SunMo

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 02, 2006, 04:38:17 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 02, 2006, 04:36:09 PM

More to the point, does Keith Primeau remember Keith Primeau at this point?

i don't know about that, but i know that he does a helluva fleshpop Clark impression
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Nitty's really coming into his own, but he's not good enough to win a Cup yet IMO

agreed...but as i stated in this thread at the start of the season he should be given the starting job to prove or disprove himself...at least he has a high ceiling...where as esche has hit his and we all know he has no chance of leading a team to a cup

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2006, 06:14:16 PM
.where as esche has hit his and we all know he has no chance of leading a team to a cup

WTF do you base your nonsense on?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

WTF do you base your nonsense on?

the tides...alignment of the stars and the market price of fresh lobster

oh and watching him play for the last five years

Seabiscuit36

Im consider myself a fan of Esche but I havent seen the guy we saw play his Heart Out during the 2003-2004 playoffs who carried his D while Primeau carried the rest of the team.  I know he's been hurt but he's not consistent enough for me.

Nitty has been praised over and over again since i remember hearing about him with the organization for being unusually even keeled when it comes to emotions.  Somewhere along the line i remember Clarke saying that he's the only Goalie he's met who is a normal guy.  Either way Nitty has really proven himself over the past month and I dont think him not starting the beginning of the season is going to slow his development.  He played all last year and he did win the MVP of the calder cup playoffs for his play so as a measuring stick he's done it at the lower level last year which was a significantly better AHL with the Stike forcing better players to stay down or some NHLers to get a paycheck. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

LBIggle

esche used to be good.

who are they winning with right now though?

PhillyGirl

Esche USED to be good? So just a few games into the season, where he's been hurt most of it, is enough to base that assumption that he is "no longer good?"

Esche carried this team with Kapanen having to go back on Defense in 2004. ITs not like there was another season between then and now to make some sort of CHANGE in that view.

Nitty has been great, of course! Only an icehole wouldn't see that.

But to say Esche isn't capable of putting together a string of games like that (as we've SEEN HIM DO IN THE PAST) is preposterous.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

ice grillin you

Esche carried this team with Kapanen having to go back on Defense in 2004

no he didnt...primeau did...esche gave up numerous bad goals in the playoffs two years ago...he also made some outstanding saves and had some great games...but you cannot give up soft goals every game and win a cup...its just not going to happen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons