World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

no idea.....I don't know shtein about horse racing...was just gonna tail someone...gimme something to play if you are semi knowledgable and ill go with it...or i was just gonna ask some people I meet tomorrow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I haven't read anything about it this year. I hadn't planned on betting it so I didn't both to read up.

Tail some people and then pick some based on names and shtein...

Sgt PSN

Bet on the black horse. 

DUH!

General_Failure

No, dummy, you bet on the dark horse.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

so great.....the hotel im staying at in asheville has motion detectors for its hallway lights....so bizzare opening your room door at night and the hallway basically being pitch black

PhillyPhreak54

The farg you doing in Asheville?

Rome

I know, right Phreak?

I get obliterated in here by him for going there and now that Polock fag has set up his spring residency there.

PhillyPhreak54

haha...that's like Anti-Havasville there.

ice grillin you

its actually like my mecca.....I dont know that ive ever been to a more liberal place than here....if it wasnt so anti sports I could maybe retire in asheville....ive seen 4 or 5 people rockin "stop racism" shirts since ive been in town....its the greatest

Seabiscuit36

I have family that own two restaurants chains there.  I don't expect you'll find your way to any chain establishments. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Not unless one of them is a TGIF.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 06, 2014, 06:06:08 PM
I don't expect you'll find your way to any chain establishments.

no way....the food here is off the charts...especially the vegetables...it sounds crazy but I could live off the salads and nothing else in this place...had an arugala and beet salad last night....a new potato green bean take on a ceaser today and both were incredible...also had  a farm to table vidalia onion garlic mushroom and sausage pizza that was ridiculous...also had a shrimp and grits that I was a little weary about since seafood in the mountains is usually suspect but they might have been the best shrimp ive ever had...cam from the cackalacka coast the waiter said....which made sense since honestly the best seafood ive ever had is in the outer banks...also had a shrimp and scallop ceviche that wasn't off the chartgs but was surprisingly good for the locale

what are your familys places called tho....if they are downtown I may stop in for a beer just to check it out...it might stil be good because in the city here there are no real chains...so maybe by chain you mean a few local places they own....once ive been off the highway and into Asheville I have no seen a single chain rest of any kind

Rome

Asheville Brewing Company FTMFW

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 06, 2014, 06:39:34 PM
Asheville Brewing Company FTMFW

got farged up at wicked weed today....such an awesome place

im not really a beer nerd but if you are asheville is off the charts for that....no matter where you go you def feel like the bartender will punch you in the face if you order a miller bud coors type beer...and at a lot of places those beers arent even on the menu

some chick last night said asheville has 16 breweries

Rome

If I could convince my wife to leave this awful place I would sell everything I own and move there.  I absolutely love it.  The food is great, the people are nice and the climate is 10 times better even though it gets cold as a motherfarger.  It just doesn't get broiling hot for six months like it does here and at night it's mostly cool out even in town.

As for Wicked Weed, I have a picture of my daughter standing in a snow drift about 1/2 a block south of there.  There used to be a trolley across the street in the parking lot that sold hot dogs and coffee and shtein.  Wonder if it's still there?