World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on July 10, 2017, 02:55:13 AM
Just got back from Estes Park, CO.

If you haven't gone, then go.

First thing you should do is buy a 1-week pass to the Rocky Mountain National Park for $30.

Go before you die is all I have to say.

Going out that way later this month/early august. Will be in Denver when the Phils are in town so we might go watch them lose a game.

Planning on doing at least a day up in RMNP before going out a bit further west. Maybe we'll spend more time there and in Estes on the swing back east.

Any particular suggestions for either park? And did you pass out from trying to hike in the higher elevations?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

We were about a mile away from the Alpine Center, and there is this small rest stop with bathrooms. You can walk across the road and look into the gorge between the mountains, and on the side you are parked on, there is a trail you can walk up with small signs you can read along the path. It explains the tundra, etc. I was reading those signs and would have to stop and catch my breath after each sentence. It was nuts. I literally had to take my time walking. That and my daughter wanted me to carry her, so those extra 40lbs didn't help.

Explore the town of Estes Park. Have pizza at Antonio's, have the Corn Beef Hash & Eggs and Claire's diner. Go see the Stanely Hotel (The Shining Movie) even though we didn't get a chance to go in. Take the tram up the mountain. Get up early and see if you see any wildlife. We had an Elk about 10 meters away. He must have been 9 foot tall with his antlers, dude was a beast.

If you like hiking, you'll be in Heaven. I'm not a hiker, but I'm ready to become one after that experience.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

You can't boss a bunch of white people around like that, hbionic. I'm calling Trump on you

hbionic

I can if I'm the head cook in a chinese fast-food shop. Which this is. Fortune cookie?

Rome

farg.  Now I want some shrimp mei fun and crab fried rice.

Thanks, bunghole. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: hbionic on July 10, 2017, 02:55:13 AM
Just got back from Estes Park, CO.

If you haven't gone, then go.

First thing you should do is buy a 1-week pass to the Rocky Mountain National Park for $30.

Go before you die is all I have to say.

Eagles jersey pic from a mountain top or gtfo

MDS

was on cape cod for the week. 3 recommendations

1 - go to provincetown. its the gayest place ive ever been to. seriously. 75% gay folks live/visit there. its great. i also refuse to pay for parking (fun fact about me). drove around for 20 minutes and found a free space 2 blocks from the main strip. god damnit it felt good.

2 - never go to foxboro. i got dragged there. it is a terrible place. they have a horrible middle american shopping center next to the stadium full of chain restaurants and department stores. tom brady has a tb12 store where he sells you his fake herbal remedies. unsurprisingly everyone there was white and wearing jerseys of their favorite white players.

3 - go to the jfk presidential library. its south of boston and has ample free parking. for a mere $14 you get tons of displays, pictures and artifacts from him. theres a jackie section and even bobby gets a room. they do ever so briefly mention joe kennedy being a nazi sympathizer. one criticism: the assassination gets just newsreel footage. they pretty much skip over it. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2017, 05:37:27 PM
i also refuse to pay for parking (fun fact about me).

Obligatory jew comment

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on July 10, 2017, 03:29:13 PM
We were about a mile away from the Alpine Center, and there is this small rest stop with bathrooms. You can walk across the road and look into the gorge between the mountains, and on the side you are parked on, there is a trail you can walk up with small signs you can read along the path. It explains the tundra, etc. I was reading those signs and would have to stop and catch my breath after each sentence. It was nuts. I literally had to take my time walking. That and my daughter wanted me to carry her, so those extra 40lbs didn't help.

Explore the town of Estes Park. Have pizza at Antonio's, have the Corn Beef Hash & Eggs and Claire's diner. Go see the Stanely Hotel (The Shining Movie) even though we didn't get a chance to go in. Take the tram up the mountain. Get up early and see if you see any wildlife. We had an Elk about 10 meters away. He must have been 9 foot tall with his antlers, dude was a beast.

If you like hiking, you'll be in Heaven. I'm not a hiker, but I'm ready to become one after that experience.

We ended up not having time to do much in Estes Park, but we drove Trail Ridge Road through RMNP and stopped to do some small hikes. we did an overlook up in the Alpine tundra but I wasn't going to survive doing a hike up that high. It took me almsot 3 full days to be able to breath properly in Denver, let alone up that high.

What a beautiful park. I'll be posting some pics in the photography thread soonish from that trip. We saw some moose, elk, and beautiful scenery.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Damn, I didn't get to see any moose. Can't wait to see the pics.

Yeah, I'd live out at RMNP if I could.

Sgt PSN

What about moose knuckle?   You see any of that?

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 12, 2017, 07:11:29 PM
What about moose knuckle?   You see any of that?

Well, I was with my girlfriend....

....So, no.

PhillyPhreak54

On the plane to NO

Pray for my liver

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hbionic