Irving Fryar coming back to Philly?

Started by BigEd76, July 12, 2005, 09:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

It's being rumored that Fryar will be one of 2 new sportscasters for Action News, which lost Scott Palmer (retirement) and Phil Andrews (not renewed) in the past 30 days....  :P

Diomedes

Huh.  Not to rain on the parade or anything, but don't y'all have better things to gossip about?  An Irving Fryar rumor? 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Hmmmm.  T.O. holding out + Fryar coming back into town = GET FRYAR!  :P

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 12, 2005, 09:47:08 PM
It was a slow news day for sports...

Yeah, with the All Star break preventing the Phillies from losing and all.....

General_Failure

I'm sure they found a way. They've clever like that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

henchmanUK

I hope the bitch brings our motorbike back. :evil
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyGirl

I never even knew that Palmer left until just a day or 2 ago....someone remind me who the third sports guy there was? I am completely drawing a blank?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

T_Section224

Quote from: henchmanUK on July 13, 2005, 06:37:51 AM
yeah, SOB rode off into the sunset only to sign a contract the next season, SOB!
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 13, 2005, 07:44:39 AM
Gary Papa

I know him. He's the lead anchor for sports. I mean there were 2 that left....Scott Palmer and someone else. Who is that third person?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

I thought he did return it. 

henchmanUK

]U?p??uthor=SSgt PSN link=topic=15708.msg285116#msg285116 date=1121259519]

I thought he did return it. 

I think he did actually. It just used to really piss me off that we gave him a motorbike - and then he signed for the taterskins. :-D
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

jeffreyjpa

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 13, 2005, 07:52:59 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 13, 2005, 07:44:39 AM
Gary Papa

I know him. He's the lead anchor for sports. I mean there were 2 that left....Scott Palmer and someone else. Who is that third person?

Phil Andrews...I think Ed said his contract was up but not renewed.

Henchman...forgot about that bike.  :-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on July 13, 2005, 09:02:08 AM
Phil Andrews...I think Ed said his contract was up but not renewed.

Yup, that's him. Its kind of weird without Palmer on there. I DID notice Papa was getting a TON of airtime...lol.