Is anyone else's connection crapping out?

Started by Geowhizzer, April 23, 2005, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

rjs246

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 15, 2006, 04:51:45 PM
I'm making fun of you calling Prodigy "old school" with my new DreamHost buddies on IRC. They love it.

The author of this comment didn't play dungeons and dragons when he was little because even the D&D nerds thought he was too much of a loser to let him into their clique.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Wingspan

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 15, 2006, 04:22:19 PM
The official DreamHost blog explains some of their recent issues.  I chatted up some of TPTB over there on IRC, and they claim their issues are behind them and that CF's configuration is to blame.  Basically, they told me to blame Sus and GF.

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 15, 2006, 04:51:45 PM
I'm making fun of you calling Prodigy "old school" with my new DreamHost buddies on IRC.  They love it.

i cringed at that. i dont think i have ever seen the loser level of this board eny higher...

i must save this thread....

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Cerevant

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 15, 2006, 04:22:19 PM
The official DreamHost blog explains some of their recent issues.
This blog is *not* a good way to re-assure their users.  They keep blaming their co-lo: power issues, network issues, yaddayaddayadda...  Sounds like they need to find a new datacenter.

Time to jump ship kids.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I agree, Cerevant.

And I love milking/overblowing my nerdiness with you folks.  I'm such a poseur.

Sgt PSN

I got this display yesterday when I tried to log on so I copied it but was never able to get back on before leaving work.  Any of yous ever gotten this before? 

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at mysql.concretefield.info. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?

Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?

Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That message indicates the site is online, but the DB server is either offline or has a config issue.

So, it might not have been DreamHost's issue yesterday, briefly.

Rome

QuoteError establishing a database connection

This message indicates that the CF Staff no longer wants you here as a Member.

Take a hike you retarded farging douchebag.

That's hott.

mpmcgraw

MURP

Sgt PSN

This board is totally the ghetto of the internets. 

General_Failure

I don't see your ex-wife out there anywhere.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

im in shock, its 9:20am and CF is still running
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN