Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

QuoteALERT: The NHL's 11 a.m. EST deadline to the NHLPA to accept their last proposal has passed, with both sides not talking Wednesday morning. Gary Bettman's press conference is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST in New York while the players have called a news conference for 4 p.m. EST in Toronto.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyGirl

Watching Gary Bettman right now, with his "we have the best fans" and "we are sorry because of the fans" bullshtein, I want to kick his teeth in.

Father Demon

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 16, 2005, 01:08:52 PM
Watching Gary Bettman right now, with his "we have the best fans" and "we are sorry because of the fans" bullshtein, I want to kick his teeth in.

Goodenow is the one that deserves getting kicked, if you ask me.  He had no hand, yet he played his part marginally at best. 

Both Goodenow and Bettman deserve all the hatred they get, for allowing this thing to go weeks and months with no communication.  This was never about the fans.  It was about stubborness and stupidty on the players' part, with a fair share of greed on the owners' part.

I'm die-hard hockey, and have been a season ticket holder to the Blues for years.  This, to me, is a slap in my face and a total disregard for the thousands of dollars I spend each year to follow this sport.  My tickets have been cancelled, and it will take a while before I pay to support this league again.  I'll still follow and watch TV for free, but my dollars are staying with me.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on February 16, 2005, 01:14:46 PM

Goodenow is the one that deserves getting kicked, if you ask me.  He had no hand, yet he played his part marginally at best. 

Both Goodenow and Bettman deserve all the hatred they get, for allowing this thing to go weeks and months with no communication.  This was never about the fans.  It was about stubborness and stupidty on the players' part, with a fair share of greed on the owners' part.

I'm die-hard hockey, and have been a season ticket holder to the Blues for years.  This, to me, is a slap in my face and a total disregard for the thousands of dollars I spend each year to follow this sport.  My tickets have been cancelled, and it will take a while before I pay to support this league again.  I'll still follow and watch TV for free, but my dollars are staying with me.

While they both deserve to be kicked, HOWEVER, the NHL has gone downhill since Bettman took it over. He's done NOTHING to help the league...he should have been replaced years ago. He's a farging joke .

Father Demon

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 16, 2005, 01:16:37 PM
Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on February 16, 2005, 01:14:46 PM

While they both deserve to be kicked, HOWEVER, the NHL has gone downhill since Bettman took it over. He's done NOTHING to help the league...he should have been replaced years ago. He's a farging joke .

That, I'll agree with.  But specific to this fine mess, I put more blame on Goodenow than Bettman.

BigEd76

Hey now....Bettman DID come up with the idea of "Eastern Conference" and "Western Conference".....  ::)

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 16, 2005, 01:21:49 PM
Hey now....Bettman DID come up with the idea of "Eastern Conference" and "Western Conference".....  ::)

First mistake. Wales and Campbell were hockey history. He's an icehole.

MDS

Not to mention the over-expansion and extreamley low TV ratings........
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

JTrotterFan

Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead!!!!

Boooooooooooooo to Hockey's Players and Owners! 

Good Riddance you greedy sons a bitches!
2004 NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!

PoopyfaceMcGee

The NHL should start over with 20-24 teams.  That would rawk.

Geowhizzer

:fire Bettman
Goodenow ---> :chair

What a bunch of tools.  :boom