Hurricane Katrina Devastates The Gulf Coast.

Started by Rome, August 28, 2005, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

i just had my own body dump scandal in the mens room while reading TMQ
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Quote from: Wingspan on September 14, 2005, 12:31:19 PM
i just had my own body dump scandal in the mens room while reading TMQ

That took long enough.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

As if I needed another reason to hate this mother farger...I hope he dies

QuoteAs thousands of hurricane victims went without food, water and shelter in the days after Katrina's early morning Aug. 29 landfall, critics assailed Brown for being responsible for delays that might have cost hundreds of lives.

But Chertoff - not Brown - was in charge of managing the national response to a catastrophic disaster, according to the National Response Plan, the federal government's blueprint for how agencies will handle major natural disasters or terrorist incidents. An order issued by President Bush in 2003 also assigned that responsibility to the homeland security director.

But according to a memo obtained by Knight Ridder, Chertoff didn't shift that power to Brown until late afternoon or evening on Aug. 30, about 36 hours after Katrina hit Louisiana and Mississippi. That same memo suggests that Chertoff may have been confused about his lead role in disaster response and that of his department.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wingspan

Another story about how the aftermath just isnt a bad as predicted, as the likes of CNN droned on about for days.

where are those $5/gallon prices anyway?

i hate the news.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just to throw some "equal time" into all of this, I figured I'd share this blurb my dad sent me from a segment on the sexual harasser's show with former Clinton aide Dikk Morris...

QuoteGuest: Fox News analyst Dikk Morris

"I'm in a rather uncomfortable position of having to defend President Bush, who's being battered by partisan propaganda over Hurricane Katrina. The president was late reacting to the storm and his hand-picked leaders did not do the job, but I just can't sit here and let rank propaganda go unchallenged. On Sunday Bill Clinton said this to George Stephanopoulos: 'We know what works, and we had a program that was drastically reducing poverty and they got rid of it.' What is Mr. Clinton talking about? What program did Bush get rid of? Stephanopoulos sat there like a mummy, challenging nothing. Here are the facts: Black home ownership is up under President Bush; poverty spending is significantly higher; education spending for poor school districts is higher; and the poverty rate, which was 13.7% halfway through Clinton's tenure, is now 12.7%. Federal tax revenues will be higher this year than at any time during the Clinton administration. Why? Because business is booming. Capitalism is working, and the more money corporations and workers make, the more taxes roll in. As for President Bush, he owes me big. I want a pen."

Some of those numbers were surprising to me.

For the record, I still think Bush scr00ed the pooch on Katrina.

Cerevant

Quote from: Wingspan on October 13, 2005, 05:05:33 PM
Another story about how the aftermath just isnt a bad as predicted, as the likes of CNN droned on about for days.
QuoteFecal coliform bacteria — bacteria from feces released when the sewer system was overwhelmed — numbered about 1,000 to 10,000 per 100 milliliters of water, Pardue said. Safety limits for recreational waters are set at 200. "Normal New Orleans storm water has a bacteria count of around 1,000," he said.
It isn't as bad as expected because New Orleans is always[/i] this nasty
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MadMarchHare

[Charlton Heston]"It's feces!  We're drinking feces!"[/Charlton Heston]
Anyone but Reid.