Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomeyRome

ANyone play Area 51 yet?  Pretty bad azz game, it is a first person shooter, but there is a lot more to it. 

General_Failure

Congratulations, NB. You managed to not tell us your life story in a single post!

The man. The myth. The legend.

RomeyRome

Quote from: General_Failure on May 26, 2005, 03:02:21 PM
Congratulations, NB. You managed to not tell us your life story in a single post!

lol, I actually started to type a bunch of stuff about the game coach, but then had to take a call.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on May 26, 2005, 02:11:40 PM
Picked up GTA3: San Andreas last week on my game pass.  Anyone still playing this?  Anyway I forgot how addicting this game is.  I usually play at night and have been staying up way too late.  Before you know it--hours have passed. Anyway Im on the second city and Im at a mission for the character Zero, who has the RC shop.  The mission is called Supply Lines.  You have to control a small remote controlled plane to hunt down 5 carriers in vans and bikes and shoot to kill them.  controlling the plane is so hard and worse is i finally killed all 5 carriers, but then you have to get back to the rooftop with all your gas.  I barely have enough gas to get the last guy.  Anyone play this mission yet?  Any tips? 

I like cheese.

I haven't played GTA:SA in over a month, unfortunately.

Seabiscuit36

I cant wait till GTA SA comes out for xbox.  I picked up Forza Motorsports yesterday and have to say the Graphics are jawdropping.  The Detail in the game is amazing.  Great soundtrack and really impressive physics driving.  If anyone likes racing games and has xbox i highly recommend Forza :yay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

This video is hilarious.   bunch of nerds playing Warcraft... and the noob screws them over.  turn your sound on and listen to the nerds plan their game.

link to video

hbionic

Quote from: MURP on June 02, 2005, 02:56:00 PM
This video is hilarious.   bunch of nerds playing Warcraft... and the noob screws them over.  turn your sound on and listen to the nerds plan their game.

link to video

Holy shtein that was funny. I like how Leroy fargs up their plans and starts early....and they all bitch and moan after.

At the end "At least I have chicken".  :-D

Where do I sign up? :paranoid
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

mussa

at least i have chicken :-D
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Rented MVP Baseball05 -thing that sucks is i don't have a instructional book-so figuring out how to play has been a bitch.  i can't hit homeruns for shtein.  im gonna have to go look up instructions or something.  the only thing i don't like is the homerun hitoff.  its gay, its split screen and its almost impossible to hit a homerun. 
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Wingspan

Quote from: mussa on June 22, 2005, 03:37:11 PM
Rented MVP Baseball05 -thing that sucks is i don't have a instructional book-so figuring out how to play has been a bitch.  i can't hit homeruns for shtein.  im gonna have to go look up instructions or something.  the only thing i don't like is the homerun hitoff.  its gay, its split screen and its almost impossible to hit a homerun. 

you suck at teh salami!

you aim your swing up (with the left stick) obviously pulling it one direction or the other makes it easier too. depending on the batter.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

yea i was aiming down on the stick...found the guide and then i hit 5 homeruns in a row when i realized pointing up does that.  u know if you make a player named katie roy ... then it unlocks everything, old players, stadiums and uniforms.  the MVP Legends are loaded.  im pretty impressed with the game.  although in owner mode i can't seem to make money, im always losing it. 

Wingspan

it takes a long time to make good money in owner mode. i am in the 2nd season, and i am finally able to add suffient consessions. it best to spend money on the stadium at the end of long homestands.

in your first year, it helps to cut salary.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Seabiscuit36

I finally picked up San Andreas for X box and i have to say that its the best soundtrack i've heard on a video game.  Im with everyone else on here when i start playing i cant stop. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 24, 2005, 08:01:02 AM
I finally picked up San Andreas for X box and i have to say that its the best soundtrack i've heard on a video game. Im with everyone else on here when i start playing i cant stop.

I got stuck on the Ferrari racing mission, so I put it down.

The man. The myth. The legend.