Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Don Ho on May 08, 2005, 05:19:41 PM
SD - did you ever play Conflict Vietnam?  My wife rented it for my son while I was on the mainland for business.  She was in the other room when he started playing on Xbox.  First thing my wife here's from the TV is "Watch your fire mother@#$#%!"  Of course my son is cracking up.  My wife ran in and took the game right out.  She wanted to see if my son liked it enough to buy as it was on his xmas list.  I played it when I got home.  I only got so far but it was a cool game.  Language was intense - nothing my son doesn't here when I am watching the birds, bums or sixers.

Nah, haven't played it yet. If it's that good I may pick it up used.

You can unlock bonus levels when you play Revenge of the Sith. I just got the code for Vader vs. Obi-Wan from EP4. Pretty cool playing as Vader. :evil

Wingspan

Quote from: Don Ho on May 07, 2005, 04:05:32 PM
Up until 1:00 AM last night playing MVP Baseball.  Lost to the Cubs twice 4-2 and 1-0.  Damn!!!

i've been playing this for a month straight. you can get me to sit through a real baseball game anymore, but i'll sit through 3 hours on this game a night playing an entire series, and managing my minor leaguers.

you just pick up and play or are you in owner mode? i'm in owner mode and i am having one hell of a time making money to build the ballpark, esp. using the phillies and their may sched with a TON of road games.

i think EA MVP 2005 is a better sports game than any of the madden's of the last few years (as far as team management goes)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Don Ho

Quote from: Wingspan on May 09, 2005, 12:00:28 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on May 07, 2005, 04:05:32 PM
Up until 1:00 AM last night playing MVP Baseball.  Lost to the Cubs twice 4-2 and 1-0.  Damn!!!

i've been playing this for a month straight. you can get me to sit through a real baseball game anymore, but i'll sit through 3 hours on this game a night playing an entire series, and managing my minor leaguers.

you just pick up and play or are you in owner mode? i'm in owner mode and i am having one hell of a time making money to build the ballpark, esp. using the phillies and their may sched with a TON of road games.

i think EA MVP 2005 is a better sports game than any of the madden's of the last few years (as far as team management goes)

Still in Rookie mode.  We just got the game two weeks ago and I just started playing last week.  Phils/Mets series.  Finally getting comfortable with pitching.  Batting sucks.  I hate those little half swings the batter makes and the ball just dribbles right to the pitcher - Bell and Burrell are famous for this when I play.  I've had some great pitching duels.  Awesome game.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Wingspan

it's one of the better all inclusive sports games i have ever played. there's 2 different ways to go through seasons, either as  dynasty mode or owner mode. the differences are

dynasty mode: you are GM, and are given a budget, and your 4 levels of teams must be within that budget at all times (you control A(clearwater), AA(Reading), AAA(Scranton), MLB(philths). You have goals to meet over 3 seasons. The more you win the higher your budget gets the next season. (i sim almost every minor league game)

owner mode: you are owner, duh. and along with all the GM duties of dynasty mode, except you don't have a budget. but you are building a ballpark from the ground up as you play through the season. my suggestion...right away buy 2 consession stands and if you have money, expand the seating. (you make money on home games, lose money on the road so it takes about half a season of good play to get your attendance consistant, and it's better for rival games).

i love the game, it's got me hooked
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

ill have to try this game out.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

keeping track of 3 minor league teams seems very time consuming!

Wingspan

Quote from: MURP on May 10, 2005, 11:13:19 AM
keeping track of 3 minor league teams seems very time consuming!

it can be. but you dont really have to do much with them, unless someone gets injured. the only time you need to deal with your minor league teams is when you get a message from your scout saying someone should be moved up a level and down a level.

the minor league rosters are not 100% accurate. most are CPU generated players, but there are a handful of actual minor league guys too. best way to deal with your minors with little maintanence is to hire good scouts, and good coaches. then they pretty much do things all by themselves
Connection Problems

BigEd76

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 10, 2005, 07:17:34 PM

Is that really the cover?  Would have preferred the moon walk, leg whip, spike shot.

Anyone know what's different about Madden 06?  I still love NCAA even if it's the same game.  Who's on that cover?  Alex Smith I, presuming.   Timmy Chang?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MURP

I read they are putting Charles Woodsen in the heisman pose back on the college game.  going for the retro look instead of putting a just draft player on it.

General_Failure

Quote from: Don Ho on May 10, 2005, 10:24:05 PM
Anyone know what's different about Madden 06?

This year they put the phone down and pretend to be interested while they're raping you.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

Rented Crash and Burnout 3 last night.  Its alot of fun.  You can either race, race time trials, road rage(where u try to run rivals off the course or crash them) and crash -where you speed into traffic and try to take out as much traffic as you can earn money for damages.  Theres just something about driving games where you can take out other cars thats fun.  Two player mode is sweet when your trying to take the other player out.   :yay :yay
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Quote from: MURP on May 10, 2005, 10:36:17 PM
I read they are putting Charles Woodsen in the heisman pose back on the college game. going for the retro look instead of putting a just draft player on it.

I thought it was Desmond Howard.

MURP

heh, that is correct.  I meant Howard but said Woodson.   doh!

mussa

Picked up GTA3: San Andreas last week on my game pass.  Anyone still playing this?  Anyway I forgot how addicting this game is.  I usually play at night and have been staying up way too late.  Before you know it--hours have passed. Anyway Im on the second city and Im at a mission for the character Zero, who has the RC shop.  The mission is called Supply Lines.  You have to control a small remote controlled plane to hunt down 5 carriers in vans and bikes and shoot to kill them.  controlling the plane is so hard and worse is i finally killed all 5 carriers, but then you have to get back to the rooftop with all your gas.  I barely have enough gas to get the last guy.  Anyone play this mission yet?  Any tips?