Keeper League 13 - Sassy Rules

Started by Sgt PSN, July 18, 2013, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: SD on August 07, 2013, 09:09:43 PM
I'm new to FFL so excuse me if I ask a few stupid questions. A keeper league is you get to keep a guy from your roster last season but not a top guy...correct? What is the expansion draft and when are you guys planning to draft?

Keeper rules vary wildly.  In our league, you can carry over 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR or TE, and 1 Rookie from the prior year who was on your roster at year's end.  No stipulation about the players kept being "second tier" or any of that junk.

rjs will tell you about our draft plans.

We are going to have the draft on Labor Day, at SunMo's special request.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

So munson and I are picking what's out there now for our Keepers (expansion draft)?

Diomedes

Not sure yet.  Commish will decide.  Options are:

• Complete re-draft for the league.  Everyone starts fresh.

• Legacy teams declare their Keepers by a yet-to-be-declared date.  Zanshin gets to pick up a Rookie to keep somewhere along the line, since the team he's taking over doesn't have one already.  Expansion teams (you and Munron) select Keepers from those players not tagged, in an order to be determined.  After all teams have Keepers designated, a draft date is set and we draft the balance of our teams.

• Some other option that rjs imposes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

cool thanks...russell's filling me in too. I get the gist of it.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

As though there were another kind.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on August 07, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
So munson and I are picking what's out there now for our Keepers (expansion draft)?

No.  My suggestion is this (dates are for example):

12:00 pm, Aug 15- Deadline for owners (not named Munson or SD) to submit their Keepers for this season (1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR (or TE), 1 Rook).  All non-keeper designated players go into the draft pool for Munson and SD to choose from.

12:00 pm, Aug 16* - Deadline for Zanshin to select (1) rookie.     

12:00 pm, Aug 20 - SD & Munson begin the "expansion draft."  Expansion draft is 4 rounds.  Picks are made in alternating order and they draft 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR (or TE), 1 Rook** (any position).  Picks would be made by posting in this thread. 

Rd 1 - SD, Munson
Rd 2 - SD, Munson or Munson, SD
Rd 3 - SD, Munson or Munson, SD
Rd 4 - SD, Munson or Munson, SD 

Realistically, I don't see why 8 total picks between 2 people couldn't be made within, say 48 hours. 

11:59am, Aug 22 - Draft concludes.  If you didn't get your picks in, farg you and Tim Tebow goes on your roster. 

Labor Day - Everyone drafts to fill out their rosters.  I couldn't give 2 shteins about the draft order because I draft last......you know, being the Champion and all.   

* = Edited for Dio
** = Rookies are designated as 2012 1st year players and can be any offensive position.

Also, farg the commish.  He has a stupid job and a new kitchen.  Not sure what that has to do with fantasy foozball, but yeah, farg him good.     

hbionic

I think every time Dio says, 'Munron', he should be given a bonus point. A life bonus point.

SD, Munson, make sure the commish validates your team on yahoo and he resets your dickfor to prevent any carry overs.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Bravo, Sassy.  Doing the footwork so rjs can luxuriate on his Brazilian Cherrry floor unburdened by this particular conundrum.  But you left out Zanshin's complaint about the team he's taking over lacking a rookie to keep.  Where in your marvelous plan does that problem find resolution?

Sgt PSN

Forgot about him and his rookie situation.  Fixed it for ya buddy and now it's a solid plan.  Even more solid than your AC slab. 

SunMo

in case anyone ever challenges my loyalty to the overall health of the league let me state this:  it was my idea to reduce keepers to 1 per position and 4 overall. 

my team currently has lesean mccoy and arian foster.  so i will be punished.  PUNISHED!

suckadick
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

So Captain Loyalty won't bitch when the draft is on Labor Day, will he?

Also, we sort of need to know all the different deadlines.  I think.  Russell, where art thou?   

SunMo

labor day is bad, but better than the weekend of the holiday. 

do it during the week for shtein sake
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

Please not 24AUG2013 at or around 9PM, 25AUG2013 at or around 7PM, or 04SEP2013 at all.

Diomedes