Keeper League 13 - Sassy Rules

Started by Sgt PSN, July 18, 2013, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

what's this with drafting rookies?

rjs246

Every team gets to keep one rookie as one if their keepers. Usually if someone doesn't have a rookie on their roster at the end of the year they're an idiot and we listen to them whine about it and maybe let them pick a rookie off of the waiver wire prior to the draft (I can't remember if we've ever actually done this but t sounds like something we'd do). Anyway, the rookie slot is meant to help build for the future and frequently the keeper spot is taken by someone who may not really merit a keep otherwise. Since there are three teams without rookies this year I'm dictating that you pick your rookie keepers from the waiver wire prior to make the supplemental draft simpler. I'm letting Z pick his rookie first to keep with the expansion team theme.

Basically I'm just making arbitrary decisions and the arguing that they make sense because that's how I go though life. Make sense?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

so it's a rookie from the 2013 draft class or last years draft class?

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on August 13, 2013, 07:49:24 PMI can't remember if we've ever actually done this...

We have not.  In the past if you didn't bother to keep a rookie on your team or add one just before the season ended, then you didn't get to keep one and you ended up with an extra pick at the end of the draft to fill that extra slot.

Quote from: SD on August 13, 2013, 07:56:17 PMso it's a rookie from the 2013 draft class or last years draft class?

Class of 2012.  Think about it...wow else could we already have them on our rosters?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I don't know...draft was late April, it's now mid August.

Diomedes

You're new to this, I should remember.

Okay look...there is no way anyone could have a 2013 rookie already on their team because the fantasy season is over months prior to the NFL draft.  Those players who entered the NFL in the 2013 Draft are now available for anyone to draft when we commence our annual Labor Day Draft to fill out our rosters.  Several rookies will likely be picked if for no other reason than you get to keep one and if you pick the right guy that could work out very well for you.  Almost every team from last year has a rookie or two on it from which the owner will select the one he gets to hold over this year. [The team Zanshin is taking doesn't happen to have a rookie on it because phillycrew farged up, essentially.]

To be especially clear:  those players who are retained this year under the "rookie" tag may never be so retained again.  I've got Andrew Luck.  If I keep him my Rookie, then I could also keep Andy Dalton as my QB and be set at that position.  For this year.  Assuming they both don't farging suck this year.  But I digress.  When the year is over, I won't be able to keep both of them because Luck ain't a rookie anymore. 

Get it?

No wonder you have a hard time accepting climate change science.  shtein is complicated, huh?

Zanshin

Hey, just scrolling through quickly to catch up after some time out-of-pocket. Who of last year's rookie class has already been kept?

Zanshin

To save the effort, I'll take David Wilson (Giants), Daryl Richardson (Rams), Michael Floyd (Cardinals), or Alshon Jeffery (Bears) in that order if one of them is available. If not, let me know and I'll pick another. You'll probably want to give me Wilson, because if I have him, he's sure to blow out his knee in Week 1, and that would be fun for everyone.

SD

I'm assuming RG3 and Alfred Morris are unavailable rookies? Anyone have a list?

PhillyPhreak54

My roster:

Aaron Rodgers - KEEP
Doug Martin - KEEP (rookie)
Mikel Leshoure
Demarco Murray
Stevan Ridley - KEEP
Michael Turner
Andre Brown
Reggie Wayne - KEEP
Cecil Shorts
Steve Smith
Jimmy Graham
Kyle Rudolph
Connor Barth
Houston
Seattle

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on August 13, 2013, 11:00:13 PM
I'm assuming RG3 and Alfred Morris are unavailable rookies? Anyone have a list?

Yeah they're taken..by The Poop Bandits

I cannot find a way to easily sort the rookies from last year

Diomedes

You'll know which Rookies from last year are not available after this Friday, which is our deadline for declaring Keepers.

Zanshin

Okay, according to the list Sarge posted previously, this is the roster and I've designated the keepers.

QB - Peyton Manning (keep)
QB - Tony Romo

RB - Steven Jackson (keep)
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Marcel Reece   
RB - Darren Sproles   

WR - Malcom Floyd
WR - Percy Harvin 
WR - Jeremy Maclin     
WR - Roddy White   
WR - Mike Williams

TE - Owen Daniels
TE - Vernon Davis (Keep)

K - Lawrence Tynes

Def/ST - Baltimore

Rookie keeper TBD based on availability

Sgt PSN

Here's my roster from last year.  Haven't decided on my keepers yet, but I'll listen to any reasonable trade offer.   

Jerry's Kids

QB - Brady, Tom - KEEPER
QB - Wilson, Russell (R)

RB - Forte, Matt

RB - Spiller, CJ - KEEPER
RB - McFadden, Darren
RB - Wilson, David (R) - KEEPER
RB - Greene, Shonn

WR - Johnson, Calvin - KEEPER
WR - Boldin, Anquan
WR - Smith, Torrey
WR - Moore, Lance