Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Anyone here get something called "ocular migraines"?

Dr. Google and WebMD seem to think that's what I've been experiencing the last couple days. It starts with a blurry grey flashing/squiggly line blank spot in the center of my vision, and it slowly grows and shifts to the right or left until the far left or right of whatever eye it shifted too cant' see much of anything in the peripheral vision. It just happened to my eyes over the last half hour, and if yesterday is any indication, I'm gonna have a fun headache forming soon.

Of course I took the problem to facebook and had people who said they had the same thing, and others who said they were diagnosed with some sort of seizures. So that's comforting.

Going to the doctor after work.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

They're brought on by watching too much of the gay pr0n. 

Good luck at the doc. Hope it's not serious.

Sgt PSN

Also, getting old sucks. Lately I've been having a problem seeing fine print/small text when I have my contact lenses in. Thought my script was changing. No change with that, I just have old man eyes that can't focus on small things anymore so I had to buy a pair of those otc glasses for like $5, which are basically just magnifying lenses. I think I'm going to get a monocle though and look boss af. 

Tomahawk

Rome

I had perfect vision for the first 47 years of my life.  I started having issues with smaller print a few years back so like Sassy I bought cheaters.  Do not do that.  They ruin your eyes. 

I went to an ophthalmologist and had a full spectrum exam done.  Turns out I'm not going blind from too much beating off after all, but I did have to get prescription reading glasses. 

My left eye requires the equivalent of a 1.25 cheater lens while the right falls in between 1.25 and 1.50.  Evidently that's why I was getting headaches because I wasn't focusing properly.  Once I got the prescription shades, the headaches stopped. 

Insurance covered all but $115 on a tab of $700.  Best money I've ever spent. 

Geowhizzer

Mine started a bit earlier than Rome's (about 42).  Can't read squat without my glasses anymore if I am holding it in my hand.  Distance is still fine.

Rome

Distance is still perfect.  20/15 & 20/20 L/R.  I asked the doctor if there was anything that could be done to cure the condition (presbyopia) and he started talking about corrective surgery using implants and shtein like that, and I just said gimme the readers.

Sgt PSN

I really only need these cheaters when I'm trying to read small print.  Books, magazines, etc are fine.  I've had them for a few weeks now and if I've worn them for a full hour combined I'd be amazed.  I also only need them when I've got my contacts in.  When I'm wearing my glasses I can focus on smaller objects just fine.   

And yeah, a monocle and a top hat.  That's gonna be me.  But with board shorts and a sea shell necklace. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

What the farg would you need a lubed monocle for?

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Susquehanna Birder

Advice from the experienced: Get several pair of readers. Keep a pair everywhere you might normally read...like the shteinter.

You don't have to use them all the time. But when you need them, they always seem to be somewhere else.

Sgt PSN

Yup, I bought 3 pair. 1 in the living room, 1 in my office, the other in my car.

Sgt PSN

Re: Lubed Monocle

If I'm not mistaken, you're supposed to rub a wax-like substance on a monocle to prevent chaffing around your eye and also for a better grip. 

Zanshin

Pfft. Hang around message board for 15 years and listen to everyone turn into old men. Me included. My eyes are okay, but I definitely hit a wall ;-).