The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

hbionic

Stupid question, but why won't every other artist record their stuff on the same machine?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Yes he did.  It's a Neve 8028 recording console. 

Watch the "Sound City" documentary for a full history of the console and studio.  If you're a music history geek, you'll really enjoy it.  There are some embarrassingly awful moments (Paul McCartney singing Cut Me Some Slack for one) but the history portion is really cool.

PhillyPhreak54

So the shooting of the kid in MO is a huge deal. I didn't know about it until igy mentioned it but I'm sickened that once again there's been a murder by an over zealous police officer.

http://gawker.com/anonymous-vows-action-over-shooting-death-of-unarmed-te-1619233440?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

PhillyPhreak54

@juliebosman: Police shooting rubber bullets at crowd, including reporters and photographers.  #Ferguson

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on August 11, 2014, 07:36:38 PM
from the wikipedia entry for the album:

QuoteThe album is known for its high production values, which are almost to the strictest audiophile standards. Some audiophile sites and magazines even go as far as using the album—in particular the song "Take the Power Back"—to test amplifiers and speakers.[14]
had no clue but that's awesome
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

twitter has been on fire tonight

where is that fossil rome to complain about it. this is where social media can be good you old fart.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah this situation is amazing. I can't believe how disgusting the police department has been and I hope people continue to protest until something is done.

Arresting journos....tear gassing people....PD acting like the Gestapo

America!

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.