Proposal for FFL playoffs....

Started by RomeyRome, January 02, 2004, 05:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomeyRome

it is very last second.  Here is my plan/idea.

We have a playoff version of CFFFL.  In this format I will run things, I volunteer to keep scores and update them.

1) There are 12 teams in the playoffs as you know.
2) Each person picks 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense.
3) Each person must send their picks to me by the start of the first playoff game tomorrow through the CF IM.

There would be no draft, you can pick any players you want.

The catch is, you can't pick any player from the same team.  For example you cannot have Bulger and Faulk on your team.  You cannot have Peyton and Harrison.  Each team would have 6 players (def. included as player in this example) and they would all have to be from seperate teams.  So in theory a lot of people could all have the same player, but I believe teams would differ enough in the end.  Also, if you wanted a team that would last, you might have to pick a team with a bye, which would mean you would get no points now, but would potentially have a better chance of getting points throughout teh playoffs.

Now once you turn your team in you are done.  So if someone picked Peyton Manning and he lost the first game to Denver, they basically wouldn't have a QB for the rest of the playoffs.  

Obviously people would try to pick players from the higher seed teams so that they could have players deep into the playoffs, but since they must have 6 players from 6 different teams, everyone most likely will lose players.

Then the winner has the most total points.  Most likely someone who picks players on teams that actually do go far, all the way to the SB where they could still get points.

If NE vs. PHI SB happened, and my team had McNabb left I'd get points for him.  

What do you think??  I wouldn't post anyone's picks until after the weekend, so that no one knows who has who until then, and I would send my picks to someone so that everyone would know who I have too.

RomeyRome

If you are interested, then PM me your picks.  If we get enough people by the first game then we will go through with it.

I will then post the updated results through the first 4 games on Monday or Tuesday.  I will do the scoring.  Of course you can all take issue with my scoring if you think it is wrong, and we will correct it.

If this goes through and you want to do it, you must have your team PMed to me (through CF PM) by 5 minutes prior to the start of the first playoff game.

QuoteSo that gives you until tomorrow (Saturday) 4:25 Eastern time to give me your picks.

WE WILL USE THE SAME SCORING FORMAT AS REGULAR SEASON CFFFL, with the exception that your defense you pick gets 5 points for a win.

Not my team, but an example team would be:

Peyton Manning
Ahman Green
Torry Holt
D. Mason
David Akers
NE defense

Tomahawk

I would have done this, but now it's too late.

joneszilla

Same here NB.  I got your I/M but it was already too late.  :(

RomeyRome

Quote from: joneszilla on January 05, 2004, 01:17:33 PM
Same here NB.  I got your I/M but it was already too late.  :(

:boom It's my fault, I did it at the last second and we only got 5 people counting me that did it. :boom

Sgt PSN

I would have played were it not for the fact that I could only draft 1 quarterback.  

RomeyRome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2004, 03:38:01 PM
I would have played were it not for the fact that I could only draft 1 quarterback.  

Well I just thought up this format at the last second, so maybe we can improve it for next seasons playoffs and give it a try then.

Tomahawk

Quote from: NB on January 05, 2004, 04:23:49 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2004, 03:38:01 PM

Well I just thought up this format at the last second, so maybe we can improve it for next seasons playoffs and give it a try then.

Sarge was practicing the ancient art of self-deprecating humor. He'll play under the current format.

Sgt PSN

Maybe if I would have put a  ;) at the end of my statement NB would have gotten the joke.   ;)

I of course, was referring to my drafting of 2 QB's in the first 3 rounds of CFFFL.  

RomeyRome

Shorebird -- 47 points 5 players remain
Donovan
Ahman Green -- 22 points
T. Holt
M. Harrison -- 25 points
M. Andersen
Dallas Def.  --  Zero Points - Eliminated
29 Points Against [ -1 ], 1 sack [ +1], 0 INTs, 0 fumble rec., 0 TDs

NB -- 52 points 5 players remain
Peyton Manning -- 44 points (22 of 26 = 9, 377 yds. = 15, 5 TDs =20)
P. Holmes
T. Holt
D. Jackson -- 5 points - Eliminated
Gary Andersen -- 8 points
NE Def.

Gene -- 28 points 5 players remain
T. Brady
J. Lewis  --  3 points (eliminated)
T. Holt
M. Harrison -- 25 points
Morton Andersen
Phi Def. ;D

Reidme -- 25 points 5 players remain
Brady
Holmes
Harrison -- 25 points
Holt
Vanderjagt - (same team no good)
NE Def.

Satoshi -- 29 points 5 players remain
Brady
Holmes
Holt
Harrison  --  25 points
Elam  --  4 points -- Eliminated
Phi Def.

QuoteSorry for the mess, but this is the scores and updated eliminations.

Syracuse

Cool idea, NB. I received the info too late. Sorry, man.
I am an agent of chaos

Sgt PSN

Elam is eliminated thus reducing Satoshi's roster to 5.....fyi.   :)

RomeyRome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2004, 05:13:48 PM
Elam is eliminated thus reducing Satoshi's roster to 5.....fyi.   :)

Good Call.

QuoteCool idea, NB. I received the info too late. Sorry, man.

I know, I thought of the idea the other day, and it just seemed like it would be the perfect format for CF.  Then again I'm sure there are a few things that could be changed for the better, but I like the idea of players getting eliminated.

MURP

dang you for putting it up late!  looks like a good idea for next year though.

i like how Reidme tried to sneak in Vanderjerk.   ;D

Tomahawk

Quote from: MURP on January 05, 2004, 05:23:35 PMi like how Reidme tried to sneak in Vanderjerk.   ;D

I would have given him Vanderjagt's points, thus negating Harrison's