2020/2021 Covid Games

Started by Rome, July 23, 2021, 07:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I have loved this USWNT for a long time and they deserve nothing but praise and admiration, but the fact that they have continued to trot Carli Lloyd and Megan Rapinoe out onto the field is a travesty (at least they didn't start today) and it has hurt the development of the next wave of players. The fact that the defense is being anchored by Sauerbrunn and O'Hara is just as bad. These ladies are ooooold. Players like Christen Press and Alex Morgan and Julie Ertz should be leading the super young generation of players on this team as the grizzled vets and instead they've had to play second fiddle to players who are no longer at the peak of their powers. I certainly don't mean any disrespect to the older wave of players because they have earned everything they got but they need to get out of the way.

The gold cup final was dope, though.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Carli Lloyd is beyond cooked.  So is Rapinoe.  It's blatantly obvious.  That said, NOT starting Lloyd if the plan was to play her might be the biggest blunder ever.  She is built for games like this and allowing her free reign in the beginning of a match with her "kill or be killed" mindset is exactly what they needed.  Imagine the Canadians seeing Lloyd out there running wild for the first 20 minutes (which is all she has left anyway).

Not starting Heath with Press is so colossally stupid it defies description.

Whatever though.

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on August 02, 2021, 09:11:39 AM
I certainly don't mean any disrespect to the older wave of players because they have earned everything they got but they need to get out of the way.

i do

these geriatric dykes need to retire
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Men's 400m hurdles was lit

USA runner broke the world record. And got a silver.

Because the current WR holder shattered it and took gold. Sub 46 run.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

who would have guessed that snoop would become such a world treasure.

phattymatty

that 400m hurdles last night was one of the wildest sprints I've ever seen. 

with such an amazing time I wonder why he doesn't also run the straight 400 without the hurdles in his way. 

Rome

The American who won silver obliterated the "old" WR too.  The look on his face afterward said it all.

The Norwegian is one fast white boy. 

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 02, 2021, 11:43:55 PM
Men's 400m hurdles was lit

USA runner broke the world record. And got a silver.

Because the current WR holder shattered it and took gold. Sub 46 run.

Very cool!  That Norwegian's stride down the stretch was freaking me out. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah when the American dude pulled just about even that little shtein hit the nitrous button and took off.

phattymatty

Sydney mclaughlan fine as hell.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah she is.

Smashed her WR

She's from Jersey

phattymatty

The Canadian beat all 3 yanks in the 200.  The 17 year old American who came in 4th really comes off as a skeez ball but he's def going to be setting some records at some point.

Rome

Watching a completely different USWNT this morning.  They're flying all over the field, passes are crisp, defending is great and the goals have been ridiculous.  Of course Rapinoe has two and Lloyd has the other.

Where the farg has this team been?