Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2021, 08:42:09 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 05, 2021, 08:15:20 PM
Haha Stanton.

Moron

your boy herrera doesnt that twice a week

sterling called it gone on the radio...took him 5 minutes to figure out what happened. amazing.

Yeah I heard the clip lol he was out of it

ice grillin you

more cooked gerritt cole or jaylon smith?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Jaylon.

But how ya feeling if you're a Yankee fan and Mr $324M can't make it through three in a wild card game

PhillyPhreak54

Overmanaging dictated by analytics right there.

71 pitches

He gave up a Homer and an INF single and gets yanked

PhillyPhreak54

Phil Nevin sending Judge was bruuuuutal

Love it

MDS

Quotemore cooked gerritt cole or jaylon smith?

fletcher cox

eagles fan aaron boone gonna have some time to watch more terrible teams
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Tense game. Love playoff baseball.

Shildt is a bad manager and anyone with half a brain knew Reyes was ripe to be ripped.

Dodgers and Giants should be fantastic.

Don Ho

True!  You put the demoted closer in that spot, it ain't going to end well.

Dodgers are frightening other than the pitchers spot, every at bat you just feel somethings going to happen
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i despise all things LA but I'm so glad they won just cause it would have been a tragedy for a team with that many wins lose in a one game playoff

it's bad enough they play the giants this round

the mlb playoffs are one of the dumbest things in sports

MDS

what do you want them to do...re-seed by record or do a best of 3 for the wild card?

doing a best of 3 will never happen...tv sked is tight and they dont have the days to do one

its wholly unrealistic since so much of their tv revenue is from the playoffs but with money removed from the equation i would go back to the expansion-93 format. 2 divisions within each league. winners to the lcs. then the world series.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

A shame the Dodgers and Giants will be so late. I can't do weeknight 1am baseball.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 07, 2021, 07:42:26 PM
A shame the Dodgers and Giants will be so late. I can't do weeknight 1am baseball.

I only made it to the fifth inning last night.  I'm too old for this shtein.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 07, 2021, 11:18:31 AM
what do you want them to do...re-seed by record or do a best of 3 for the wild card?

doing a best of 3 will never happen...tv sked is tight and they dont have the days to do one

its wholly unrealistic since so much of their tv revenue is from the playoffs but with money removed from the equation i would go back to the expansion-93 format. 2 divisions within each league. winners to the lcs. then the world series.

It's the opposite of unrealistic...re seed is a complete no brainer...and they should do a best of 5 not 3....start the season earlier make the schedule less games....shorten the all star break...more double headers...it's so simple and I'm probably not even thinking of ten other things they could do

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 07, 2021, 07:47:13 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 07, 2021, 07:42:26 PM

I only made it to the fifth inning last night.  I'm too old for this shtein.

Lol I dozed in the 8th and thank god Taylor ended it bc I wouldn't have made it much longer

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 07, 2021, 07:53:48 PM
It's the opposite of unrealistic...re seed is a complete no brainer...and they should do a best of 5 not 3....start the season earlier make the schedule less games....shorten the all star break...more double headers...it's so simple and I'm probably not even thinking of ten other things they could do

im not sure if its fair for the division winners to sit for a week while the WC plays out.

MLBPA would never go for more dh's. shortening the season is wholly unrealistic...they aint giving up money. starting a week earlier is theoretically possible but theyre already starting about as early as they can already.

back in reality they got 7 mil for the yanks/sox game. monster number for baseball. this is what itll always be.