Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2021, 10:05:45 PM
white and loud does it...thats it thats the list

barry bonds was the biggest superstar needle pusher of the last 20 years

black and quiet
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2021, 10:03:08 PM
lol none of those players are ever going to more popular than frank schwindel in chicago...abreu is in his mid 30s

stars in baseball dont really push the needle. you can slap tatis and trout in a promo but nobody is watching for them. what makes mlb go is the popular teams playing in playoff games. thats it thats the list. they need dodgers/yankees every year or its bad news bears. a brewers/chi sox WS would be a complete disaster and create 0 stars from here to the end of time.

I know how old Abreu is. But the ChiSox have zero national exposure. He's been a good player for awhile so he could have a big stage.

And I don't care about ratings. Give me Milwaukee so the Braves or Cardinals aren't in it. I can deal with LA barely. Ideally SF or MIL.

ice grillin you

mike zunino this year

33 homers
39 non-homer hits
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Joe West is retiring after many decades of questionable calls and buffoonish behavior. I think he began his umping career when Cap Anson was still playing.

ice grillin you

i dont know if this is new but its the first ive heard of it...the runner on second rule is not coming back

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2021, 04:03:55 PM
i dont know if this is new but its the first ive heard of it...the runner on second rule is not coming back

Thank god.

Although your boy lil guy likes it I think. He even pitched the 7IN DH for the playoffs yesterday.

Geowhizzer

That's good news, along with losing 7-inning games.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 04, 2021, 04:09:08 PM

Thank god.

Although your boy lil guy likes it I think. He even pitched the 7IN DH for the playoffs yesterday.

i like it for the 13th inning...play 3 SU then do it to move on with the games. obviously not in the playoffs.

7 inning games i dont like, but in the specific circumstance of these play-in games - it allows you to have 3 games in 2 days. if you win a 7 inning DH it is fair to say you are the superior team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Baseball is nine innings.  Anything less is Mickey Mouse tv horseshtein.

Also - more day games please. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on October 04, 2021, 05:52:21 PMAlso - more day games please.

i love it when romey goes on his 1950's pleasantville tangents

ice grillin you

marcus semien third 2B in last 100 years to lead MLB in extra base hits

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Man did that get out in a hurry

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 05, 2021, 08:15:20 PM
Haha Stanton.

Moron

your boy herrera doesnt that twice a week

sterling called it gone on the radio...took him 5 minutes to figure out what happened. amazing.

ice grillin you

The funny thing was it was thirty feet down the wall it wasn't even farging close