Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: rjs246 on July 14, 2021, 05:47:14 PM
I can't tell if people "like" baseball as a gag that I just don't get or if they actually like it because they're slow witted morons who think hotdogs are a food group.

It's pretty bad. Not the fault of the current crop of players.

It's nice to have a game on the radio while grilling some burgers, but that's the thing. It's a radio era game. Hard to justify sitting down and actually paying attention to the whole thing with all the entertainment options available in the 2020s.

Jomboy's doing his best to make the game fit the era. He's basically the only one.

rjs246

I loved listening to games as a kid but I legit can't imagine watching an entire baseball game right now. Any time America is the only place on earth that enjoys a thing you should probably look at it cock-eyed. Nostalgia is the only possible explanation for continuing to watch and defend baseball as a "sport".

I equate baseball fans to deadheads. Like, this thing that you like is very obviously not good or entertaining in any objective way. But you keep insisting against all evidence that WE'RE the ones who don't get it. Just admit that you have a soft spot in your heart for it because you got laid forty years ago during a killer jam sesh (the dead) or that it reminds you of a time that you didn't hate your father (baseball). That would at least make more sense than insisting that baseball is a farging sport.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i think the super american maga sport that isnt played anywhere else you are looking for is football.... baseball is all over the world

if for no other reason baseball is great cause the summer would be a hell hole without it

emerald chessboard fo life
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I don't know if Central America and Southeast Asia counts as all over the world but that's not a hill I'm willing to die on. Nor was it my point.

Baseball is boring af and has no redeemable qualities. THAT'S a hill I'm willing to die on.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

I love baseball. Loved playing it and enjoy watching games.

Don't love the nerd takeover of the sport but hopefully they'll go away.

MDS

people who dont like baseball love nothing more than telling people they dont like baseball

i dont know one single solitary person who cares that russell 2 lite beers and go to bed virginia smith doesnt like baseball but here we are. i dont like lacrosse and therefore do not talk about lacrosse. its very simple.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

I like lacrosse and still don't talk incessantly about lacrosse. That's the farging difference, Todd.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

rjs246

False. But everyone is entitled to their incorrect opinions.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

rjs246

Oh sure. Entitled white boy prep school culture is the fargin worst. Of course, toxic white trash mullet and chaw baseball culture isn't exactly great either.

But the real point is that thiccboy first basemen with the agility and speed of a 2x4 are not athletes. And you know this, man.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Baseball is for people who can't handle the excitement of golf.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

But what if one enjoys baseball AND golf?!

Diomedes

In that case suicide is indicated.  Hop to.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

After you, sir.

After the MIL visit you may beat me to it