Jalen Reagor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 23, 2020, 10:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Would rather see him getting open for simple catches in games than making circus catches in practice.

Sounds like he's likely to be the slot.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Most of his opportunities are those terrible Sirianni screens.

He could be useful in the slot but Hurts doesn't throw there anyway.

Geowhizzer

Can get a use for this gif again!

But Reagor...

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Comparing Reagor to Agholor is an insult to Nelson

Zanshin

Sure, but he's completely boring and unremarkable as punt returner. So, he has that going for him.

Eagaholic

I'd say he's even worse than that. Why did he field that punt at the 2 yard line in the first quarter? And then when the Saints made it 30-13 in the 4th quarter, why would he run the ball out from the end zone on the kickoff? What good is going to come from that? Their only job at that point is to not piss away a won game. A good return wouldn't matter much. But running it out could result in a bad return, an injury, a fumble or a flag. In this case it was the latter, pinning them deep in their own territory. Iirc that allowed Sirianni to do his part - call 3 pass plays in a row which were all incomplete and used up what, maybe 20 seconds of clock? Mostly a great game but damn, they still need to learn how to salt it away.

Rome

This guy is an even bigger bust than some of us feared. 

But not as big as that Justin Jefferson fellow.

😆

Diomedes

first page of this one is a fun read
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Rome on November 22, 2021, 08:48:07 AM
This guy is an even bigger bust than some of us feared. 

But not as big as that Justin Jefferson fellow.

😆

Quote from: Diomedes on November 22, 2021, 09:02:49 AM
first page of this one is a fun read

Nailed it! Pats self on back

Quote from: TAFKASD on April 23, 2020, 10:57:56 PM
5'10 barely runs under a 4.5 and played against shtein competition. Awful pick. Would have taken McKinney. This is a Marcus Smith level pick.

McKinney's already a possible pro bowler too

ice grillin you

I loved the pick he was ridiculous in college but whoa did it not translate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 23, 2020, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 23, 2020, 10:59:11 PM
There is simply no excuse for not taking Jefferson.  None.
Quote from: AO1 on April 23, 2020, 10:57:56 PM
5'10 barely runs under a 4.5 and played against shtein competition. Awful pick. Would have taken McKinney. This is a Marcus Smith level pick.

remember these takes from the two draft geniuses

Holy shtein I struck gold

Rome

I've been wrong before, that's for sure.

I'm just happy they finally didn't overthink things, smartened up and took a legit star in the making in Smith.

At this point they should just cut Reagor and give him a shot elsewhere.  He's never making it in Philly.  And that's too bad.  I was hoping he'd pan out.   

MDS

you two dont know jalen reagor from jalen hurts...most fans dont. everyone just jerks off to predraft rankings and in this one instance the predraft rankings were very very correct in having jefferson over reagor.

its not like yall were watching lsu or the all 22 and certain hed translate. get outta here nerds.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.