We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on July 07, 2020, 03:33:25 PM
Lol might as well be considering it'll probably have to be scrapped by September anyway the way our cases are growing here.

https://twitter.com/shattered_earth/status/1280373218369392641

:boom

Saw a few people boasting about this on FB.

Between that and the ignorant jerks who wear them wrong on purpose - they can all farg off.

If PA implements a 14 day quarantine I'm not going to be able to come home for my grandmothers funeral. She's in bad shape right now.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on July 07, 2020, 06:44:13 PM
My kids had between one and two hours of zoom based class each day until school was out.  They did well in it, I've since learned that our school really has done better than most.  My almost 8 year old daughter is Title One, getting 10 hours zoom instruction per week.  She calls it her meeting and is kicking ass.  I think we're lucky.

But if the kids can't go to school, I can't work. That's not just a stress on income, it's a stress on family life.
I am not a teacher.  Not my training, not my skills.
Your kid's whining is annoying; my own kids' whining makes me want to stab eyeballs out.
I'm desperate to not have them all day every day, to go work again, etc.

You may in fact just have a bunch of shallow worthless people but I think it's safe to say that this home schooling is real trouble in many homes.

I honestly can't say that we're leaning one way or the other right now, depending what plan is announced,and how things go in near future.

That's a good summary of what many are facing.  Hell, my wife and I are both teachers, our kids are teens and fairly self-motivated, and we still had trouble keeping up with everything.  Of course, middle school US History and High School Honors Chemistry are two entirely different things.

There is a legitimate need for most families to get to work.  Without some sort of safety net, they are on the precipice of economic disaster.  Of course, the problem is that we are far from being done with Covid. 

My wife's school is fairly small, and they can reasonably retain social distancing.  My school is a large public middle school, and we'll be hard-pressed to maintain that, especially since I am certain that the state will not allow us to mandate masks. 

Florida does have a virtual option, and I guess a few more families will take advantage of that.  But I believe firmly that the vast majority will keep things as-is, and I'll be looking at 30+ in my class. 

We've got hard decisions to make.  And I can't blame families for doing what they need to do.  The system has failed farging spectacularly in this entire sordid affair.  And I am afraid that the final tragedy is only beginning to unfold.

Munson

I understand the financial aspect of it and that's almost definitely the biggest problem. It's also the one that's easiest to solve if the government wasn't totally crippled by conservative idiocy. Send people checks to stay at home.

It should be happening now, instead it'll maybe happen in late September after a few teachers and students die and teachers start refusing to go to work.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

The mouth breathers who spout the "its just the flu" or "but the death rate!"...they fail to factor in the long lasting effects.

My zip code and the two surrounding are the highest in this area. Its chock full of the "mah freedom" types and the money folks who think that being confined to their 5000sqft houses is oppressive.

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

fan-farging-tastic.

We had a pop up hospital built in the NRG parking lot but it was dismantled. Time to get that mofo back up.

I should note it was dismantled when things were on lockdown and we had staved off the explosion of cases.

General_Failure

In the next step into our boring dystopia, I've been seeing these weird ads intending to be inspiring about the Army Core of Engineers building hospitals for the overwhelming number of people getting sick..

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on July 10, 2020, 03:23:10 PM
In the next step into our boring dystopia, I've been seeing these weird ads intending to be inspiring about the Army Core of Engineers building hospitals for the overwhelming number of people getting sick..

Lol yeah it's inspiring to have to build them bc Dr Cheeto Dick said this was all going away

Munson

Rome

Who knew MAGA would come to mean Making Americans Gasp for Air?

Munson

https://twitter.com/jmartnyt/status/1282307509953470465

Just normal pandemic response stuff, sending out oppo research on your top infectious disease expert