We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

21 states are seeing huge increases.

Texas is one. Since they opened it back up the icu and hospital systems are getting overloaded. And tomorrow is when restaurants are allowed to go to 75%.

Our local officials hands are tied but they're still putting forth effort. Today the county judge, which is isn't a real judge (think commissioner) and whom the rednecks and racists like to demean bc shes a young Latina, introduced a threat level system to try to warn people. I applaud her and the mayors effort.

Rome

If kids start dying in droves because of this, those Republican motherfargers better arm themselves.  That's all I have to say. 

Munson

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/status/1271255485749121024

farging certifiable morons.

Big thanks to Trump and right wingers for politicizing public health. Good stuff.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

My friend/colleague's daughter tested positive today.  She was exhibiting no signs at all.   She did a test to go back to work in the aerospace industry and clicked positive.  She hasn't seen her daughter since last Tuesday but she's now under quarantine until next Friday.

Ugh.  We are all getting this bug. 

Diomedes

Brazil has overtaken the U.K. for second place in the death count, at just under 42k.

U.S. still leads all though, at almost 115k.

U.S.A.!  U.S.A.!  U.S.A.!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Austin and Houston are really spiking

Common denominator in UK, US and Brazil? Three idiots in Boris, Cheeto Dick and Bolsanaro.

If the USSR and North Korea were tracking they'd be up there too.

Munson

https://twitter.com/jimvertuno/status/1272958367846277126

It's okay J, it's just young people's fault for going to the bars they were told are open and totally safe and that we need to support our businesses to get the economy going again. Stupid young people.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

yeah he's so full of shtein. Needs his colostomy bag emptied.

Diomedes

My sister tested negative a couple days ago, is awaiting results of second test to (practically speaking) rule out false negative.  She's had no symptoms for a week now, but is still exhausted.  Testing negative might mean you no longer have the virus, but it doesn't mean you are well, or recovered.  I'm hopeful she takes it easy and doesn't try to shake the fatigue off by charging back into life, but grown ass people do what they do.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

That's good that she's recovering. The exhaustion is the one thing that seems to be a constant in what I have read so perhaps that will keep her from going too hard too fast.

Diomedes

Within minutes of posting that, my boomer Mom wrote to ask if it's okay for my sister to touch my kids if she comes to visit....

*sigh*

No Mom, I don't think it's a good idea for the just-tested-negative Covid patient to drive 6+ hours to visit immuno-compromised elders, and hold children in her lap.  No, I think that's probably unwise.

...I tell her that and I'm the farging bad guy again.  This shtein is cruel.

Rome

I'm starting to wonder if the virus wasn't specifically created to kill old people for the reasons DIO cited above. 

I mean seriously.   No.  It's not a good idea, DIOMOM.  For farg's sake already.  And I only say that because it's exactly what my mother would say if she were still alive.

General_Failure

You don't need to engineer a virus to kill old people, you just need to take warning labels off products.

We're all old enough now that we're watching/already watched our elderly parents get stupid. We say they're stubborn, or set in their ways, but no. They're just getting stupid. There's no stopping it, there's only giving them safety scissors and doing what we can to redirect them away from the bad decisions they want to make.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Month ago my cousin tells me my aunt tested positive for COVID, then they called her two days later and said they made a mistake. She kept having issues with her lungs but none of the doctors took it seriously. She went to an allergist to see if that was her issue, they send her for a chest x ray and come to find out she has lung cancer. She already beat breast cancer. Doesn't drink or smoke. Nicest person you'll ever meet.

Diomedes

Quote from: General_Failure on June 17, 2020, 11:37:19 PMWe're all old enough now that we're watching/already watched our elderly parents get stupid

That sinking feeling when you realize you're the grown-up in this conversation with the person who raised you....

Sinking further when you notice they are turning into your long dead grandparents, physically, tempermentally...

And the drowning feeling when you recognize it happening to yourself, can actually see yourself turning into your parents...the worst of it a ways off....but it's coming, unavoidable...repulsive. 

Yeah...we're doing great.