Week 6 - Vikings: Mike Yanagita

Started by MDS, October 06, 2019, 05:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

There's like 10 above average players on the team, and half of those are old guys who have already lost a step or two compared to what they used to be. It's a team in decline, which can't draft, and doesn't have the capital to rebuild through free agency because it caked off guys for winning a championship.

We're looking at the 2012 Phillies here.

Geowhizzer

I'm gonna cheer myself up by reading Trump Tweets.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 13, 2019, 04:14:42 PM
There's like 10 above average players on the team, and half of those are old guys who have already lost a step or two compared to what they used to be. It's a team in decline, which can't draft, and doesn't have the capital to rebuild through free agency because it caked off guys for winning a championship.

We're looking at the 2012 Phillies here.

So true!!  The age is really starting to show and this FO can't draft for shtein.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Stop it.  You can't lose your entire crop of cornerbacks to injury and expect castoffs from street to come in and stay with Diggs and Thielen. 

The slop they had in there got roasted.  No one is saying they didn't.  But this is still a talented roster with a lot of players with a whole lot of productive years ahead of them. 

phattymatty

Hey at least they're in the NFC East which looks like a giant pile of horse shtein.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Rome on October 13, 2019, 06:36:39 PM
Stop it.  You can't lose your entire crop of cornerbacks to injury and expect castoffs from street to come in and stay with Diggs and Thielen. 

The slop they had in there got roasted.  No one is saying they didn't.  But this is still a talented roster with a lot of players with a whole lot of productive years ahead of them.

Darby, Mills & Maddox are all bad as well.  They have no cornerbacks who I would consider even average.

phattymatty

gonna be almost impossible to make the playoffs now that they have to battle back from first place in the division.

MDS

lets sum up

-pass rush stinks, which we all knew
-secondary is a mess, which we all figured
-their linebacking talent sans bradham is an abomination
-alshon is a good possession receiver but hes not alshon 2017. mack, agholor and jj are garbage out of the pinkston-thrash years.
-ertz and goddirt = a fraction of george kittle's ability
-wentz is better than good and worse than great

end football.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 13, 2019, 07:31:45 PM
Darby, Mills & Maddox are all bad as well.  They have no cornerbacks who I would consider even average.

:yay :yay :yay

Sydney Jones IV is the worst, I was really excited when they drafted him but he's a walking disaster, and he's an injury waiting to happen. Sick of everyone thinking Rasul is any good. He's not.  So there it is, the CB's are dog shtein and will be a gaping wound the remainder of the season. 

Hopefully they do something quick with some kind of acquisition or they finally get the draft right and secure a descent group DB's in next year's FA.

General_Failure

Congratulations to GOAT Cuzzins for the 6th win of his illustrious career against winning teams.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on October 14, 2019, 12:08:14 AM
https://twitter.com/RoobNBCS/status/1183536915519291393

Actually the Raiders won that game and the 52-yarder was the game winner, contrary to what Roob says. The 43 year-old Blanda also threw for 102 yards and a TD in the game... he was the backup QB as well as the kicker.

Eagles_Legendz

Rasul at least has ball skills he's just so slow.  I think in the right defense (not this one) he'd be OK.  But as an OC, any time I saw him 1v1 without safety help on a quick WR, I'd run a vertical route.  He just can't keep up downfield.

ice grillin you

hes a safety...have no idea why they are still running him out at corner

move him or cut him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous