Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 28, 2021, 07:53:58 PM
Hope Wheeler Nola avoids the inning innings where he forgets his mechanics and loses his release point
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Season on the brink and Captain Covid is the savior.

I feel great.

MDS

theres no brink...its been over
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

At least them bowing out early will save me the cost of two tickets and a trip across the alley to see them choke it in person.

Don Ho

HA!  First inning fail, at least he didn't string us along for several more innings.   Throw 75 pitches through three innings, no runs and then 4th inning obligatory meltdown and barrage
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

If the M's somehow win the final second AL WC spot the team with the longest playoff drought will be...

Your Philadelphia Phillies

Geowhizzer

I've been watching (mainly out of morbid curiosity) the Congressional Baseball Game on YouTube.

Horrendous baseball, but I'm pretty sure that the Democrats field better than the Phils.

Geowhizzer

Somehow, you just know that the Phils will lose out to finish 81-81.

Geowhizzer

Back to that old James Michener poem:

Garland them with timeless lilies!
Although they are a bunch of dillies
Who give honest men the willies-
We still love them for their sillies-
Hail, The Phillies.

ice grillin you

just heard a stat on the braves broadcast that is almost too hard to believe.....

the phillies bullpen has pitched 261 more innings than the starters yet have three more walks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

clinch day tomorrow....they deserve to have to happen to them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lil guy = "someone"

QuoteI just saw someone citing Jean Segura as part of the problem with the team. Jean isn't even slumping in September and is going to put up 3-4 win season with a .290+ batting average and overall the 2nd best offensive year of his career.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2021, 11:27:06 PM
lil guy = "someone"

QuoteI just saw someone citing Jean Segura as part of the problem with the team. Jean isn't even slumping in September and is going to put up 3-4 win season with a .290+ batting average and overall the 2nd best offensive year of his career.

Lol amen

Segura has a solid year and lil guy blasts him like he's Kevin Sefcik

Rome

Another year another meltdown. 

We have nothing to cheer for either. 

Eagles?  Awful.

Flyers?  Mediocre.

Sixers?  Ben Who?

Phillies?  There's always next year.

As Bugs Bunny once said:  "Oh Brother, Close Sesame."

ice grillin you

There was no meltdown...they stunk all year